Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Two Months Old

Addison hit another milestone! She is now 2 months old. Okay technically she turned two months old LAST Thursday but since her Mommy is a bit delayed w/the camera and the doctor couldn't get her appt in until today, we thought we'd finally get the post up with all of her stats...

Here she is beaming at Mommy in the semi-professional photo shoot. She was very cooperative but unfortunately the camera wasn't. Every time she smiled I'd hit the stinkin camera button only to have that delayed photo and by then the smile was gone. She is very generous with her smiles and is such a happy baby. Mommy just needs to try a different camera next time.


So, today was the dreaded doctor's appointment where she got a total of 4 vaccines. One by mouth which she scarfed down so I was thrilled. However, the other three weren't so pleasant. I was dreading this day for awhile. We had a few moments with just her and I in the room before the nurse came in. Addison spent that time just smiling so big and laughing. She was in such a good mood it made it so much harder for me to bear. Poor thing had no idea what pain was coming shortly. I took time to explain to her how it would only hurt a little bit and it would save us lots of pain in the future. Plus I asked her to forgive Mommy for letting it happen to her. Luckily the nurse was quick and the screaming only lasted a few seconds. It broke my heart to see her face when she was in pain. I just held her hands and put my head next to hers. I didn't even want to see the needles go in her tiny little legs. However, it seems like she is quite the trooper. We cuddled a few minutes afterwards and she was sleeping peacefully by the time we left. I've made sure to keep her doped up on her Tylenol so she only has a few painful cries here and there. And yes, I ALMOST started tearing up during the process but luckily I held it together.

As for the general check-up she is doing just great from what her Doctor says. Below are the stats from today's appointment. Along, with her stats from her first appointment at 2 weeks old (which I forgot to post before). Our little baby girl is growing and putting on the pounds - just not too many of them. Hopefully we can fatten her up before she's back for her next round of shots at 4 months. I'm sure it helps to have chunky little thighs for those needles to go into after all. Our little girl is definitely holding true to the "Hufford" name. As you can see below she has a huge noggin!

2 Week Old Stats:
Weight: 8 lbs 7.5 oz (57%)
Height: 20.5" (61%)
Head: 37.5 cm (84%)

2 Months Old Stats:
Weight: 10 lbs 6 oz (38%)
Height: 22" (36%)
Head: 40 cm (78%)


Things she has been learning & doing...
Miss Addibell can now hold her head up for quite a while before it starts bobbing around. She smiles pretty much all the time, especially when you smile at her. She is the happiest after a full belly of course so this is when the smiles come non-stop. She has also started talking. Mostly coo's and gaa's but it's amazing to see how she studies us when we speak to her and then within a few seconds she is moving her mouth and talking to us. I think she is just as amazed at the sounds that come out as we are. I also think she has started figuring out her arms and legs. Everytime she gets excited she flails them and laughs and sighs. Plus she is quite talented at pulling her binky out of her mouth with her chubby little fingers. Mommy will love the day when she learns how to put it IN her mouth. That way we won't have to deal with as many tears when we drive in the car and she spits it out. She is growing up sooo much and it's so fun to see things through her eyes. I find myself just mesmerized by her and soaking it all in before she grows up too fast.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

So beautiful! I don't know that I will ever post anything differently than that she is beautiful! I am glad she is growing and you guys have adjusted so well to life with 3!

Darrell and Alissa said...

She is a DOLL! In your picture I see one little chub roll on each of her legs- she's workin on it! Smiles are the greatest, shots are NOT! With my first I did cry- I didn't know how bad I would feel about letting someone hurt her. I was just talking to Miss Baylee about her upcoming shots- trying to prepare her in any way I can, and of course telling her how sorry I am!
I need to steal your baby and hold her- she's probably a good 2 pounds lighter then mine- give my arms a rest!!:)

Familia Morales said...

She is such a beautiful baby! What a sweet smile she has.

Colton Anne said...

Just wait until she's old enough to know the shots are coming...I hate having to have Kayley get shots!! It breaks my heart even more! Cute pic by the way!