Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our Daily Routine

Addison & I are lucky enough to get to hang out with each other every day. Now that she's getting a bit older, and Mommy's getting a bit wiser, we've somewhat managed to establish a routine. Usually we follow the E.A.S.Y. schedule. We Eat (ok she eats and mommy manages to whenever she gets a free minute), then we enjoy the Activity time (which happens to be our favorite), then we move onto Nap time (probably only Mommy's favorite right now since we are still struggling with this one), and of course the "Y" is Mommy time (and yes this rarely happens since day naps are still hard for us). Overall, we have great days and share some fun moments. Now that she's getting older she is more generous with her smiles. And once she smiles at me it makes all the hard work worth it. She can definitely melt my heart with that smile. I still need to capture some more on camera and share with everyone but below are a few shots we've taken so far.

For the most part, Addibell is an Angel! Ever since birth she has known when it's night time vs. when it's day time. Just last night she slept for a straight 7 hours! And I'm guessing just from the mothers I've talked to, that is a rarity for a 6 week old baby. Unfortunately, I didn't get much sleep since I was waking every few hours just to check on her and see if she was still alive. So, obviously we have NO complaints with our little Addibell. She sleeps at night wonderfully, she nurses great, she's even a calm and relaxed baby and gives us LOTS of smiles while she's awake. But I'm still amazed at how such a small child could know the difference between night and day. She sleeps perfectly at night, but manages to confuse me completely during the day because she rarely ever goes down smoothly for a nap. We are still trying a few things out so she and I are both learning. Regardless, I feel lucky to only have this one struggle at 6 weeks old. Once we figure this out we are golden!

Here are a few pics of Addison and I hanging out. This is what we do during the day...aren't you all jealous I get to hang out with such a cutie?






Here she is playing with a toy mat her cousin Preston so generously loaned to her. She loves looking at all the animals - especially the monkey! Thanks Preston & Aunt Michelle!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Is that an Aunt Natalie blanket I see in the background?

Sarah said...

imagonnasqueezedatbabeh.

Jamison Family said...

What a cute smile! At around six weeks babies systems begin producing amounts of melatonin that will aid in regulation of their sleep cycles. Unfortunaltely at this mark your milk will also start loosing its natural laxative properties - so for our kids it has meant that they learn to sleep but forget how to poop! Good luck. You are doing great :)

Shannon said...

Goodness, that smile is so precious...and those eyes! Does John already have a gun ready?! :)

Unknown said...

I can see why that smile melts your heart! So glad to hear you're enjoying motherhood!

Colton Anne said...

I was going to say something about Aunt Natalie's blanket in the background!! :) Y time should be sleep time for you!! :) enjoy it now until you have a 2nd one...that Y time gets less and less! :)