Thursday, September 10, 2009

3 Months Old

So, in case you didn't notice, I'm a bit delayed in my posting lately. Approximately two weeks ago our little Miss Addison Bell turned 3 months old. I'm making it a personal mission to take her pictures every month and this time around I decided to use Portrait Innovations in Fayetteville. My sisters and sister-in-law all had success with them so I decided to check it out for myself.

We came away quite pleased. Especially since Addison decided to refuse to smile the whole time we were there. Actually, she did give us ONE smile (and yes we ordered a billion of those pics as a result). Of course, she was tired and it was probably my fault. I think I tried too hard to time it all and "schedule" her happy time to fall right at the exact same time as the pictures. I'm sure that's why it all backfired on me after all. I've learned my lesson. She smiled ALL the way there but the minute we walked in the door she was done. And interestingly enough the minute we finished taking pictures she laid in my arms, gave me one smile, and zonked out. Sometimes I'm convinced she knows more than she's letting on. No worries though, since she was such cute subject matter, they all turned out beautifully with or without the smiles. John mentioned that it was a "rite of passage" as first time parents so if that is the case, I'm glad we got it out of the way!

Since I can't post the billions of pics we took, here are a few of my personal favorites:

Proof that she did smile....just once.

I was a bit worried when they started attacking her with sunflowers
but it did turn out pretty cute after all.


I have a weakness for baby jeans. They are just the most adorable thing ever.


And finally, the family photo. Don't pay any attention to the sweat dripping down our faces. We got quite the workout jumping around Addison trying to get smiles.



3 comments:

De Anne said...

She is beautiful! I do think babies are much smarter than we give them credit for. She may have her parents figured out :)

She Loves To Make said...

These turned out great...even if she didn't cooperate the whole time :) Can you believe she's already 3 months?!

Chelsea said...

So cute! I love the pictures. She is so adorable.