Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Branson Getaway

A few weeks ago Addison and I had a chance to take a weekend get-a-way and join up with Nick, Colton & their girls plus Grandma Bell at Branson and Silver Dollar City and the Condo's. We were VERY excited to make our voyage. Frankly we get very excited to make any voyage that involves going further than 15 feet outside our front door. Since it was a Friday, poor John had to go to work while we were off to have fun. Luckily for all of us, we got to see him again on Saturday morning when we came back.

With this being the first trip for just Addison & I, I spent a few minutes mentally preparing for what I would do if/when she started fussing in her car seat. At times like this I always think how nice it would be to have a personal assistant! As it turns out, this weekend I had to completely revamp my method of predictions. I was convinced she would fuss or get bored in her car seat for the 1 1/2 hour drive to Branson. I tried timing it to coincide with her morning nap. As luck would have it, she only cat napped for about 20 minutes on our drive but I was so impressed with how she did after that. No meltdowns, no fussing, no anything! She spent the whole drive just staring out the window and chomping on her fingers.

Then we met up with the family at SDC and I was preparing for my first "Mommy outing test" wherein I was convinced our nap schedule would be screwed up, that I would soon be at my wits end, and that I would have one grumpy baby. Once again I was proved wrong! The day was PERFECT! Addison must surely know how to prove her Mommy wrong. I had to eat my words multiple times that day when I kept "predicting" a meltdown for her or me. She spent the whole day quite content in her Grandma's arms (or Aunt Colton's) while we walked around the park. Luckily too the weather cooperated and it wasn't too hot for any of us. Never once did she have any meltdowns like I was expecting. She LOVES the outside and will happily sit very content no matter where we went or what we did. She didn't quite get the amount of naps I would have liked her to have but she did wonderfully regardless. She is such a mellow, laid back, and calm baby. Now I have to learn a few pointers from her and be the same! I've decided to retire my "predictions" on how she'll do in any given situation because she'll prove me wrong anyway.

We had a great time with Grandma, Uncle Nick and Aunt Coco and she enjoyed hanging out with her cousins Kayley and Cora - even though they spent most of the time 2 inches from her face the whole trip. ;-)

All suited up and waiting for her cousins to join her in the impromptu bathtub pool party. I LOVE baby swimming suits and I had to find a reason to put this one on her (thanks Aunt Michelle!) Since she was born in May this was our first swim - even though it was in a tub. We are looking very forward to next summer when we can spend TONS of time at the neighborhood pool! :D

The cousins finally got suited up so we all jumped in the tub/jacuzzi at the condo. Here she is listening to Kayley as she gabs to her about something. Kayley is a talker and just adores Addison.

Here is proof that her cousins adore her. After several attempts at timing, we finally got a shot of
Kayley and Cora giving Addibell some kisses.


Two of her favorite things. Grandma and TV! Here she is hanging out with Grandma at the Condo and
watching her TV. They pretty much spent the whole day together.


Here is Cousin Cora holding Addison. We won't mention they are almost the same size! Cora fell in love with Addison over the weekend. Even changed her baby doll's name to Addison - which is a HUGE sign of love for her. It used to be named Michelle (after Aunt Michelle) so we've moved our way up the rankings!

All in all, it was a great trip. The ride back home was almost successful as the ride up - only one blowout (from Addison, not the car). Thanks so much for inviting us on your fun Nick & Colton!

2 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

So glad you had a great trip! That pink baby swimsuit is the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Colton Anne said...

I'm glad it wasn't you with the blowout...that would be embarrassing!! :) We're looking forward to our next SDC trip b/f the end of the year!