Thursday, September 10, 2009

Getting Old

As in John is....not me of course. ;-)

Okay, who are we kidding? Everyone is getting old every single day. But on August 22nd we celebrated John as he got older. I actually had to remind him that he was turning the big 3-3 this year. He had convinced himself he was turning 32....again. Once we both did the calculations we quickly realized I was right of course. So, for John's big day, Addison and I had a few plans. I did most of the work but I guess I will share the credit with her too just because she's too cute.

Saturday morning we woke him up and gave him his birthday card along with a detailed agenda for the day. Including foot rubs, favorite lunch & breakfast, presents, and golf. However, after I made his favorite breakfast I realized we were already 1/2 an hour off our schedule. I'm not sure what I was thinking in spending so much time putting the agenda together since neither he nor I like the stresses that come along with schedules. So, we chucked the agenda and just went with the flow.

After enjoying breakfast, we (okay I) sang him Happy Birthday and he blew out his candles. He of course got his golf club (lob wedge) that he was kinda already aware of, the Madden 2010 Xbox game, and Addibell got him some beautiful ties that she helped me pick out for him.

We didn't waste much time as we headed to the driving range to try out the new club. As you can see in the picture below we created quite the spectacle.

(Not seen in pic: huge stroller, umbrella, cameras, and people staring at us)

It literally took Addison and I about 30 minutes just to get "set-up" with all of our gear to protect both of us from the heat. We were the only ones that had a stroller, a folding chair, a camera, a camcorder, a 3 month old, and an umbrella. Once we were set up we got to enjoy watching John hit a few golf balls into the distance. It was a lot of fun even though we were dripping sweat as we did it.


Later that evening we enjoyed dinner out with friends at Abuelo's, one of his favorite restaurants. For anyone who goes, we highly recommend the "Los Mejores de la Casa". John has ordered it so many times by now he could probably just start saying "The Usual" and they'd know what he was talking about.


I just had to get a picture of Dana and her enormous plate of food. Even when ordering, the waiter warned her of the sheer size of the plate. I guess she took that warning as a
personal challenge!

And here are the boys. Not sure why the strange face on Brad.
I guess John was saying something funny....ah gain. ;-)


All in all, it was such a great day. I'm always excited when I get to celebrate the birthday of the man I love. It gives me just one more reason to sit back and realize how glad I am that he was born. He's such a great husband to me all year-round and is a wonderful father to Addison. We are both very lucky to call him ours. :D

1 comments:

Sheri said...

What a fun birthday. John is lucky to have such a wonderful wife.