Wednesday, January 27, 2010

8 Months Old

Time seems to be flying by and our little Addibell seems to be growing up so fast. It feels like I was just posting about her 7 month milestones and here we are now on 8 months. Here are a few pictures we took tonight during bath time. She loves her baths but since the tubes have been put in her ears - she can no longer lay down in the tub. So now we sit back and relax in this cool little chair Aunt Michelle loaned us.



Addison is getting to a very fun age where it seems she is learning something new everyday. I'm finally starting to understand those parents who say they grow up so fast. This month she has continued to master her pincer fingers by picking up her cereal snacks and munching on them. She's always been good at this but I must say it is also her favorite thing to do. Just sitting in her booster seat feeding herself. We've also gone back and forth with learning the sippy cup. We've been practicing for some time on drinking it without the rubber stopper (with Mommy's help) and just today we graduated back to drinking it WITH the rubber stopper. She still needs Mommy's help in holding it and directing it to her mouth but once it's there she chugs the water down. I'm wondering how much more she'll like it when we switch to some apple juice soon.

She is also into this new thing where she leans almost at a ninety degree angle when she checks something or someone out. It's adorable and she just started doing it. I'm guessing she learned it from me when I curl my hair and she gets to sit in the bumbo and watch. Most of the time I'm leaning while I curl and before long I noticed she started doing it too and smiling at me.

She still LOVES little babies and little kids. Anytime there are some nearby she can stare at them and study their every movement. It's so fun seeing her get to that age where she smiles and stares at the tiny babies. It's not very often she gets to see someone smaller than her!

She is currently also experiencing some separation anxiety mixed in with a lil stranger anxiety. We are both learning to cope with this. It's very difficult some days to even leave the room without her crying for me to come back. I think she's finally learning that we are two separate people. I will be very excited when she's through this stage and she starts going to people again like she used to.

She just recently learned how to blow raspberries. I must say it's cute but ONLY when she's playing - not when she's eating. I'm still teaching her when she's allowed to and when she's not and so far I think she's catching on. She gets very excited when she plays and starts shaking her arms crazily while she shouts/jabbers and blows her raspberries. I've also nicknamed her "Jabbawockey" because of all the jabbering she can do. It's very cute.

Let's see - what else has she learned? I'm trying to teach her some basic sign language and I think she's understanding but obviously not yet ready to duplicate my actions just yet. Hopefully one of these days she'll just take off and start signing everything and just blow me away. That way she'll be able to tell us what exactly she needs before she can actually say the word.

I think that about sums up her 8 month milestones. I don't have her current weight/height since we don't go back to the doctor until her 9 month appointment so stay tuned for that. Just trust me when I say she's definitely a chunky monkey and we love to squeeze her about 10 times/day. She's very used to our random squeezes. They don't even phase her anymore. :D

3 comments:

She Loves To Make said...

She is such a cutie! I love that princess towel haha. I can't believe she's already 8 months and I'm not even her mom. Time really does fly by!

Darrell and Alissa said...

What a cute baby girl!! I have been looking for one of those bath rings- I got rid of mine after Carly. Such a doll!

Sarah said...

So stinkin cute.