Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Great Minds Think Alike!

This past December 15th, John and I were able to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary. It's amazing how time flies when you're having fun. And it's also amazing how many blessings we received during our 2nd year of marriage. Mostly, Addison joining our family and being such a happy and healthy little girl. We can't imagine life without her and sometimes I just find myself staring at her and thinking "I cant' believe you're mine!"

But alas, this post is dedicated to talking about the love of my life. I'll avoid getting too mushy but I definitely want it to be known that I can't imagine life without John. When I do, it scares me. He makes our lives so much better and happier just being a part of it. He works hard for our family, works hard to make sure we are comfortable and taken care of, and makes us laugh all the time. I couldn't picture anyone that is a better fit for me than him and am still amazed when I think about how fragile the path was that we took to find each other. It proves to me constantly that the Lord is aware of us and everything happens for a reason. Sometimes when I feel like He's not listening, I just remember all of my blessings that He has given me, especially the blessing of meeting and marrying John.

This year for our anniversary we got each other a small gift. Apparently great minds think alike. The minute I had John open his present from me he immediately said, "uh yeah I think you'll be blogging about this one." I was puzzled until I opened his gift to me. Below are the two gifts given...

The gift I gave John. To put in Addison's nursery and remind us of our wonderful gift we received this year.


The gift John gave me. It's fittingly called "Our Anniversary". And yes, I did remind him that the representation of him in this statue is balding. Luckily he is not - yet. ;-)

Apparently we both know each other's love for these Willow Tree figures. I thought it was hilarious that we both gifted each other the same thing.

Later for our anniversary we had our wonderful friend Dana watch Addison while we headed out for a quick night on the town. We ate the MOST DELICIOUS meal evah! I highly recommend eating at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I had heard rave reviews from friends and it didn't take me long to pick that place when John asked where I wanted to go. It definitely did not disappoint. I also happened to order just the right menu choices and couldn't stop talking about how delicious everything was. Interestingly enough, when our food came the waiter just naturally assumed that I had ordered the "Petite Sirloin" and began to place it in front of me, I just laughed and said uh nope that's his - I ordered the NY Strip! (Lol, that's right, the half slab o beef belongs to me!) The restaurant was a favorite of mine but since it costs a small fortune to eat there I must curb my cravings until our next anniversary. Yum. Yum.

So here is to celebrating the best two years of my life with my best friend. I'm so grateful that I found him after years of searching. I can't wait to see what awaits us in our future.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Aw, happy anniversary!

Josie said...

aw mooshiness.

How cute you guys got each other almost the same thing. I've never seen that second one--i like it...uh lot.

Sarah said...

Cheers to another year of love! He always wanted a carnivore :) Happy Anniversary!

Deleen said...

Ruth's Chris ... pricey, pricey. It is good, though. Congrats, Shannon. Nobody's a better fit for domestic bliss than you.