Friday, January 1, 2010

First Snow Day!

Anyone getting visions of the movie: A Christmas Story when they look at this pic?
Except I think she's MUCH cuter than he was.



While in Kansas City we had a TON of fun with our cousins. We shopped, we napped, we ate, we played. We did a little of everything and we were exhausted but we still had lots of fun. While there we got hit with a big snow storm so Addison even got to enjoy her first snow.

Addison and Ashlyn were the best of buddies. Ashlyn could get her laughing better than I could. She played this little "Where are the footsies" game with her while covering/uncovering her feet and Addison just thought she was hilarious. Ashlyn was even such a GREAT helper to me as well! Made me glad I had a girl first. If Addison is as helpful as Ashlyn was then I could probably see myself able to handle more than one child! (Nope, no announcements here folks)

Ashlyn helped with the diapers, watching her while I got stuff done, making her smile, giving her the binky, giving her toys, talking to her when she was sad - she did everything! Addison just adores Ashlyn. It's so fun to see them interact and play together. Thanks so much for being my personal assistant Ashlyn!


Here is a shot of the kiddos with their Santa hats on. We stopped for a quick photo op amidst Christmas decorating - just because they were so cute.

Michelle took advantage of my free babysitting services during our stay (yes I had to insist that she leave them while she went and got stuff done). We had lots of fun. Here we are making sugar cookies with Ashlyn and Preston. Addison just got to watch us but she still had a great time. And yes folks, that dough was premade store bought. Do you know how exhausting it is to roll, cut, and cook cookies with kiddos as it is? There was no chance we were doing anything from scratch.

Just as we finished our project, Michelle came home and got everyone excited to head out and play in the snow. I was already exhausted just from the cookies alone but I'm glad I pushed through the pain because we did have a great time in the snow.


Here we are showing of our cute snow boots. Luckily Ashlyn had some old ones that fit Addibell perfectly and looked oh so adorable on her. Nothing like playing in the snow and looking cute at the same time! It took longer for us all to get geared up than it did to actually play in the snow.

Just some random pictures of my beautiful little girl. She LOVED the snow. For those that already know, Addison sweats ALL the time. So I think this fact alone contributed for her love of the snow. Finally she was able to get to her core temperature. Even if she was dressed up like the abominable snowman.


Addison could have stayed out there all day she was having so much fun. But we were lucky enough to get temporary smiles on Preston & Ashlyn's faces for this picture. They were ready to head back in so we did. It was such a fun time though!

2 comments:

What's up with the Walkers! said...

How sweet! I only wish I could get Ashlyn to help me the way she helps you. It's all for Addison I suppose, she is a big fan! I'll be sure to show Ashlyn this post, she'll love it:) Send me copies of all the pics, you make our week sound so exciting:)

The LaBrue Crew said...

Those pictures were so adorable! I love them and I'm pretty jealous I wasn't there for the festivities! I loved the picture of Addison in the flower pot! Priceless!