Thursday, March 18, 2010

Good Thing She's Cute


I feel sorry for people who have ugly babies. How can they possibly find the patience, love, or sanity when their child teethes? Right now, being cute and sweet, is Addison's only saving grace.

We've been going through the ringer the last two weeks. Actually, I got to endure an extra week just by myself since we were traveling in Colorado. Lucky me. Apparently it seems that Addison has two big teefers trying to make their way through her poor little gums. And at this point in the journey, I'm tempted to reach in and pull with all my might to help them out. Maybe then we'd get some reprieve from 3:00 am wakings, hours of tears, fighting sleep (her, not me, I love my sleep too much to fight it), refusal to eat or finish any food, cranky bouts/fits etc.


Thankfully our two tools in this battle are Motrin and teething tablets. But they don't cure anything - just prolong it until we can medicate again. I'm even tempted to tip back the baby bottle of Motrin myself so I can numb MY pain.

Remind me again why we need teeth? I'm beginning to think they are WAY overrated. Even at 3:00 in the morning the thought of pureeing all her food her whole life sounds wayyyyyy more tempting.

My only solace at 3:00 am as I battled through her tears for an hour before she finally conked out, was surfing the internet to hear of other desperate pleas of parents before me. Anyone out there in blog land want to remind us that we aren't alone in our battle? I need some reassurance.

5 comments:

Jamison Family said...

Two words - Gripe Water! I get it a Walgreens and use a bottle about every two days.

Signed,
You hardly ever hear a peep put of mine - seriously.

Shannon said...

Just grin and bare it...or try Courtney's Gripe Water. Fortunately mine didn't have as bad a reaction-still not fun nut not 3 am wakings- as miss Addie...hang in there!

Familia Morales said...

Baby Orajel. We drugged our kids up all at once with the Tylenol, teething tablets and the Orajel and that had them set. Hope you get more sleep soon.

Robbie and Shay said...

My sweet Kohler has apparently been "growing" teeth since birth. He's been acting just as you desribe since we welcomed him into this world. Now at 8 months, his attitude is becoming as cute as his chubby little face.

She Loves To Make said...

Oh man, I'm not looking forward to teething...I'll enjoy the last *couple* months before this hits!
And yes, good thing she is cute. REALLY cute :)