Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Still Blessed....Just Tired

An addendum to my previous post:

I'm a big promoter on people being "real" so I feel like I should insert a few disclaimers for my blog. If one were to read it beginning to end you may feel like everything is just gum drops and candy canes around here. That life is blissfully perfect and we just oodle and google at our little Addibell all day long.

I'm here to say if you think that, you are mistaken. Don't get me wrong - we do oodle and google at Addison and still adore her. But we also have our moments that test our patience and give us LOTS of proof that we are still human and could be better parents.

The little Addibell that is soooo happy and giggly and adorable all the time can also have her moments. For example, just this week she has decided that 5:30 am is a great time to start the day. Not sure how this started happening out of the blue but it doesn't bode well for a Mommy or Daddy that stay up until midnight the previous night. So, I guess it's us that get to relearn a new bedtime eh?


Anyway, I didn't want anyone to think this post is all negative. We still love and adore Addison and wouldn't change a thing about her. I just want to try to make my blog more "real" and honest so people realize that we aren't skipping through a field of daisies on a daily basis.I definitely welcome honesty. I think without it we will convince ourselves that we are the only one that has tough days and that we are the only flawed people out there. I can't count the number of meltdowns I have had since I started being a Mommy. So now, you lucky readers will get to hear about every single one of 'em in the future! Hahaha.

Oh and another addendum....

John would like to note that I have no concept of distance (I don't argue this fact either). The Centerton park is less than 500 YARDS from our front door (not two miles like I mentioned before). I've always been horrible at distance and number estimation...but who's counting? (besides John....;-)

Oh and one more thing. Here is a better picture to represent our "Erkel Initiation" ceremony of da Addibell:


4 comments:

What's up with the Walkers! said...

Do you feel better now that you you've gotten all that off your chest:) Your so cute!

Shannon said...

You're hilarious!

Darrell and Alissa said...

oh if only life were all of us skipping through a field of daisies! 5:30 is just plain mean- she must love your sleepy faces!

Familia Morales said...

Don't you just love those mommy meltdowns? 5:30 really is too early to be getting up. Maybe soon Addi will learn the joy of sleeping in.