Monday, March 15, 2010

Springing Forward


I'm not gonna lie. I've never been much of a fan of the "Spring Forward" part of Daylight Savings Time. I like my sleep and frankly losing an hour of it never bodes well for me. However, on the other hand, I've been a BIG promoter of the "Falling Back" side of it. For those same reasons of course.

But this time around...I have now turned over a new leaf! A SPRING leaf for that matter! It seems our forward springing has turned Addison into a late sleeper finally! "Late" as in this morning she woke up at 8:00 AM!! No more 5:30 am like she was doing for awhile. I'm hoping I don't jinx it by posting the good news. I just wanted to say I'm on cloud nine today! She has even napped well - which she has always struggled with. This morning she went down for 1 1/2 hours and she is now napping going on 1 hour again! It almost makes me worry if she is feeling okay. Yup, long naps are THAT uncommon around here.

Anyway, it makes me excited for spring, and puts a little bounce in my step, and keeps me excited for the future of both of our sanity's. So from this day forward I'm in LOVE with springing forward. I may even petition my state representative to make "springing forward" an every-other-day type thing now. :D

3 comments:

Sarah said...

praying her sleeping in is a result of springing ahead and not colorado time adjustment :) Here's to knocking on wood :)

She Loves To Make said...

This is wonderful! I hope Addison sticks with this new sleep pattern too!

What's up with the Walkers! said...

I hate to burst your bubble but I think its called jet lag and will be short lived:)