Thursday, August 5, 2010

One Must Accessorize!

I must admit....I'm a sucker.

Typically I try to resist the urge to buy Addison toys "just because". But I figured today we could make an exception to the rule. After all, Christmas is sooooo far away! Plus she's lucky enough to be the first child and will likely benefit from that for the rest of her life. (Have you figured out that I'm a 2nd child? ;-)

Plus, she made it hard to resist. A few weeks ago she started turning into the girly girl - but she didn't have the accessories. She turned all her toys into pretend phones and held them up to her ear and gabbed away. She carried her toy dog carrier around on her elbow like a little purse. And she started putting on a pair of broken sunglasses we've had since forever ago. So what is a Mom to do? Today, we accessorized. And boy was it fun?! Thank you Walmart!






I think these skills are ingrained from birth. After all, aside from using a cellphone, she's never seen me carry a purse nor has she seen me wear sunglasses. It's impressive she knows how to use everything properly at her young age. Impressive...yet creepy! I think we are in for a headache when she becomes a teenager. I must learn to suppress my weakness for accessories for her by then. Or maybe it'll just be easier to send her to her father when it's time to say "no". ;-)

4 comments:

Lisa R said...

Dressed to impress! I love it! Can't wait to meet her, she is ADORABLE. The pics are amazing as well. She does not know how to take a bad pic and so photogenic! I still have not gotten Kaitlyn's pics done. I am dreading it!!!!

What's up with the Walkers! said...

So cute! She is definitely dressed to impress, she knows what she needs! She wears it all so well, it ages her at least 3 years, she looks so much older:)

De Anne said...

So cute!

She Loves To Make said...

This is so stinkin cute! She is darling! I love all the pink accessories...what a stylish little lady :)