Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Girls Weekend 2010

I think we've finally started ourselves a tradition. Thanks to my sister Cassie's ingenious idea, we embarked on our first ever "Girl's Trip" a few weekends ago. The only unfortunate part about the whole weekend was that neither of my sister-in-laws could make it. Which is why I think it's our new yearly tradition so they can catch the next one once they see what kind of fun we had this year!!

Our wonderful husbands were able to play "Mr. Mom" while we all jetted away on a wild and crazy trip. Okay, really it was only a 2 hour drive (for me) to Springfield and then on to Branson. BUT, it was definitely wild and crazy nonetheless. Going into it, I really only had two requests. 1. That we get some type of commemorative jewelery to remember the event. And 2. That we eat at a nice restaurant and order piping hot food and are able to enjoy it without having little mouths to feed (again, this was a kid-less trip). Not only were we able to accomplish those but much much more as well.

Friday night we all converged upon Springfield, MO (my hometown) and were able to see some of our long lost cousins at a Luau they were throwing (they are part Samoan). It was fun to catch up with all of them and even see their dancing skills. The good kind of dancing, it was in a church after all!

Then we had to head out early and converge upon our next destination. The condo's at Branson! (Seeeee! I told you we were wild and crazy!) We spent the evening eating junk, watching Titanic (the only thing on I promise) and making hair bows for our cute little girlies we left at home. Then we woke up nice and early the next morning and spent the WHOLE day shopping. And yes, we got lots of good deals and bargains. We had to combine all of our purchases at each store to qualify for our coupons so needless to say we had to bring our abacus to dinner w/us that evening just to figure out who owed who what. It was worth all the work as we were quite fashionable after that weekend! We headed back to the condo and I hit the road home so I could teach that Sunday and of course see my little baby that I missed oh so dearly.....oh and Addison too of course! ;-)


Little Garrett, my nephew who was the lone boy amongst all of us girls. Lucky him he is still a nursing baby and got included on all the fun. This chunker has a smile that goes from ear to ear - seriously he does!


And the whole gang at the Luau. Please note the palm tree. My Grandma was very intent on getting it in every shot we took. All ten of them!

3 comments:

Robbie and Shay said...

would you please pass some of your adventerous spirit over to us Weekes girls. i've mentioned a "girls trip" many a time but to no avail...totally jealous!

She Loves To Make said...

How fun!!!! My family needs to do this.

Sarah said...

Next girls trip should include in-laws. Just sayin. :)