Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Proof Is In The Pudding

Or at least in the black olives I guess.

So most people who meet Addison go on and on (and on) about how she is a spitting image of her father. So much so, that sometimes I feel like a surrogate! And I sometimes call her "John-essa." But, I must admit she does bear a striking resemblance to him. However, I now have proof that my genetic code is in there somewhere! Your honor, I present Exhibit A:

The question remains: Nature vs. Nurture?

Yup, those are black olives on those little chubby fingers. And this was about her 3rd serving I might add. Any of my family who are reading this are nodding their head in agreement. At least in this regard she is just like her Momma!

Sidenote: I grew up LOVING black olives. So much so that Santa would put them in my Christmas stocking every single year. I also got them as birthday presents, Easter, etc, etc. Usually, once I found them in my Christmas stocking I'd run into the kitchen, open the can, and eat them (while drinking the Dr. Pepper that was also in my stocking) and enjoy the present unwrapping festivities. Olives never lasted on the shelf too long in my home and they still don't. Luckily I didn't have much competition as most of my siblings didn't like them. Even now, John doesn't intervene on my dining delicacy. He can't stand the smell of them. So now I just have to share with Addison. And for a girl that only weighs 26 lbs she can sure put them away! Now I need to start buying two cans at a time...one for me and one for her.

Secretly, I don't mind sharing w/her though. Not only is it because she's so darn cute but I'm silently celebrating in the fact that she is definitely my daughter!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I'm with John on this one. My husband is on your side of the olive controversy.

"John-essa" HAHAHA! Favorite part.

Sarah said...

I still adore her. Even if she DOES eat olives :)