Sunday, July 17, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

So, I would like it to be known and documented....Daddy isn't the ONLY fun parent around these parts. Every once in awhile this Mommy decides to go a little crazy from our regular hum-drum of life/routine and mix it up a bit. Especially lately, as we've realized how much actually getting out of the house keeps us sane and happy!

These past few weeks we've tried to keep our mornings busy with different activities and then make it home just in time for naps and a little of the boring cleaning stuff in the afternoons. The new schedule seems to work well for us so far. Maybe it's a little of the one-on-one bonding I'm trying to squeeze in with just Addison and I before the next sibling comes along. So, here are a few things we've been up to lately...


Playin' At The Park!
We try to make it to story time at the library every Tuesday. But it takes us about an hour or so just to get out the door and drive there for only a 15 minute event. Which is why we tack on a little more excitement and visit the nearby parks and fountain for some more fun. The heat has been blazing hot but we fight through it and still manage to have a good time. Luckily, we have a nice fountain on the square to dip our toesies in to cool off! Then we throw in our coins and make wishes (okay we mostly just clean out the pennies from my wallet and throw them in but it's still fun!) And we may or may not have dined on the deliciously, low-fat, juicy burgers that are also sold nearby said fountain and square ;-). After all, Addison is quite accommodating to this Momma's pregnancy cravings.


Coolin' down at the fountain on the square.

Checkin' out the train park across from the library. Yeah, so I didn't realize that you can't actually ENTER the train. We only spent about 5 minutes at this park before moving on to the next one. You live, you learn, right?


EAT MOR CHIKIN
!
Once again, we donned our bovine attire (okay maybe just Addison did but I DID sport the colors!) and headed out to enjoy Chick-fil-a's "Cow Appreciation Day".

Not only do I feel it's my duty to support the cows as my Grandpa was a cattle farmer, but I do also come from the "Bell" family line so I must also support the cheapness I was raised in and thus dine on anything free at any time...whether I'm hungry or not ;-).


This year we met up with Aunt Josie and cousin David and realized that we could actually avoid the HUGE crowd if we show up right after breakfast is done being served. Such a major relief as last year the crowd was enormous at the "normal people" lunch time.

It was a blast to visit and eat and we even got to enjoy the park afterwards. Apparently, Josie, like myself, is also intimidated by large chaotic kids swarming the play place. Plus it doesn't help that both of our kiddos melt down once they reach the inner most highest corner and thus require being saved/pulled free by their Mom's. Yes, I speak from past experience and it's not gonna happen more than ONCE in my lifetime if I have anything to say about it!

Anyway, I digress....the chicken was delicious, the park was hot but fun, and the long nap we enjoyed afterward was just icing on the cake!


My little bovine. All dressed up and ready to go!


Enjoying our chicken and juice!

Hanging out and sweating at the park! She's such a trooper. She is a heavy sweater but it never stops her from having a good time. Luckily she's getting more self-sufficient at park play so this sweaty Mommy can sit down and watch.

Movies & Poppies!

After cleaning out the mini-van one day, I came across a movie brochure from our local theater that listed daytime kiddie movies for super cheap prices. Granted all the movies are already on DVD but anything is more fun when you get to sit in the real theater and eat the real popcorn (or as Addison now calls it...Poppies!)

A couple of weeks ago, we ventured out to enjoy the movie "Marmaduke". I was a little hesitant as I have never attempted going to the movies w/Addison by myself, especially with lugging around this big old belly and carrying all our belongings amongst a crowd, and realizing the movie itself wasn't a cartoon and wouldn't hold Addison's attention more than 5 minutes. However, all was for naught. Poppies are the key to this little girly's heart. She will do anything/everything you say just so long as she can get her handful of Poppies to her mouth during the process. She was a bit hesitant on trusting the theater chair to not flip her up but luckily we overcame that fear quickly. Even if it did involve me sprawling my left leg over it to weigh it down for the duration of the movie. It was hilarious to watch her watch the doggies and to even do her fake laugh when the other kids laughed. It was a pretty cute movie as well. Such a fun way to spend a Wednesday. Can't wait to go again this week!


Movies & Poppies! Does it get any more fun than this? Nope!


Even though some days it seems to take a lot of work to get us out the door at a decent hour, it's so much fun hanging out w/Addison and just enjoying her. I can't wait to relish in these last few weeks of just her and I and our little daytime adventures! :D She's a fun and silly girl to hang out with and I am one lucky Mom! Here's to all of the adventures waiting around the corner!

1 comments:

Josie said...

MOO! It was fun. Sweaty, but fun. Next year if we do the park afterwards I'm definitely going for white with black spots. Wearing all black was so stinkin hot!