Sunday, February 12, 2012

5 Months Old


Poor Jonas. You can definitely tell he is a second child. I try so hard to keep up with milestones with him but somehow we always fall behind. Today he is almost 5 1/2 months old and I'm just now blogging about it. It could be worse I guess. He could be celebrating his 2nd birthday while I blog about him being 5 1/2 months old. Ahhh...now it doesn't seem so bad!

So, Mr. Jonas is now officially in his 5th month. And Addison and I finally got our act together and held his photo shoot last Friday. It's so amazing to look back at his pictures from a month ago and see just how grown up he has gotten.

It seems I'm always telling everyone that he just seems like such a little boy instead of a baby. And it gets more and more so as each day passes. He's definitely a looooooong little guy, mostly in the torso area. He's growing out of clothes so fast these days . I'm guessing this is just the beginning to a life-long trend. I think Daddy will have to get a second job just to pay for this guy's growing wardrobe. Either that or I'll have to hone my sewing skills to start making alterations to accommodate his long body. He is now in 6-9 month clothes and quickly getting to long for those as well. His waist just gets swallowed up while his feet and ankles hang out of the bottom of most everything he wears. What's next? 12 month clothes? He's only 5 months old for heaven's sake!


Aside from the growing, he is such a CUTE little guy. He always has the biggest smiles and always seems happy. I tend to forget just how easy and laid back he is until other people point it out to me. He truly is such a content and happy little guy. Very rarely is he upset. Usually it's only if he's hungry or tired. Most of the time he just hangs out and excitedly flails his arms and legs. Lately he and Addison have been under the weather (along with Daddy) and I'm glad to finally see everyone getting better. He's usually such a smiley and talkative guy but hasn't been since he's been sick. I realized just how much I miss his smiles and jabbers. It's so nice to finally have him back to his old happy self. I love that he smiles with his eyes just as much as with his mouth. It's one of my favorite things about him.

He has also learned how to blow raspberries. He loves to just blow them until his binky comes flying out or when he gets excited. It's pretty cute to watch. He especially loves to see Mommy blow them right back at him.

It must be said....the little guy has a huge noggin'. But we expected nothing less since he is a Hufford. Within only 5 minutes of sitting him in the bumbo he is slumped over and in tears. It must be exhausting to balance such a big head on such a skinny little neck.
He's definitely at the age where he doesn't want to just sit and stare at everyone. He wants to be interacted with. He wants entertainment whether it's from toys or sister or Mommy and Daddy. And he still adores his sister. She can single handedly get him to smile bigger and quicker than anyone else.

Mommy is THRILLED to say that he's getting even better at sleeping through the night. He'll usually go down at 8:30 p.m. along with Addison and won't make a peep until 2 or 3 am when he gets hungry. Once I give him his bottle he goes right back to sleep until 8:00 or 9:00 am. This is such a nice milestone to hit. :D

He has recently discovered his feet and loves to chew on them. Either they are in his mouth or sticking straight in the air while he just stares, fascinated at the sight of them. Lately he's decided to wake up from his naps or morning sleep and just lay there wide awake without making a peep. I never know when/if he's awake until I go in to check on him and see him just smiling at me. No telling how long he has been hanging out waiting for me. See what an easy baby he is?

He hasn't yet seemed interested in rolling over but is definitely getting close. Usually once his legs are in the air he'll roll over to his side but it never seems to go further than that right now. Daddy keeps practicing with him so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until he figures it out.

A couple of weeks ago he experienced a first. He was propped up sitting on the couch while Mommy quickly went into the other room. Addison was playing nearby him and soon I heard his painful cry. I came running into the room and couldn't find him anywhere. I had to remind myself that he doesn't walk yet so he has to be somewhere near. And then I found him lying on the floor in tears. I asked Addison what happened to him and she just repeated back whatever action I suggested. She's never been malicious toward him so I know she didn't intentionally push him. I'm guessing she wanted to try and put him in the laundry basket she was playing with. I guess we will never know but luckily he recovered quickly after we kissed and snuggled him. I'm sure it's just a distant memory now.


Jonas is such a great addition to our family. It's still so strange to think that 6 months ago he wasn't even here (at least on the outside of me) but it seems like he's always been a part of our family. He definitely completes our family and we are all just in love with the little guy. Seriously, sometimes we all three just gather around him and coo and giggle and kiss on him. It's great family entertainment! We are very grateful and blessed to have such a good little precious guy.

Love to kiss on those juicy lips.

Still acquiring the skill of sitting up without assistance.

It takes a real man to sit in a purple bumbo! This is one of the closest things to a smile I got since he was still under the weather during our photo shoot.

0 comments: