Sunday, February 12, 2012

KC Tag Along

The week before last we were lucky enough, once again, to tag along with Daddy on one of his work trips. This one was even better though since it was in Kansas City. That meant we got to spend the weekend playing/staying with cousins while Daddy sat through long boring meetings for three days.

The first night we all decided to meet up for a little family gathering and eat some Mexican. The food was less than desirable but the company was wonderful. We got to meet up with my sister Michelle and her family, my brother Nick and his family, and of course my Dad who is currently living there. Lets just say the children outnumbered the adults and we were grateful to find a restaurant that didn't seem to mind the chaos.

After dropping Daddy off at his hotel, the kiddos and I headed to Aunt Michelle's house to stay for three days. It was almost like a vacation for this Momma, thanks to Aunt Michelle of course! The first day I was lucky enough to get to run some errands in the middle of the day, without kids, and even was encouraged to shop around and check out a little thrift store on my way home. No need to tell me twice! I was loving it! And Addison and Jonas were happy to play with cousins so it was a win-win. I even got to sleep in on one morning. There's nothing like waking up from a nice sleep to see your child already being fed breakfast and taken care of. On top of it all I also got wonderful naps. Even Uncle Kendall watched the kiddos while I was able to tag along with Michelle on one of her girly night outs at Olive Garden. Sigh....heaven I tell ya!

Of course, what hasn't been mentioned yet is that I was also dragged out of bed at 6:00 am every morning to go with Michelle and her friend on their morning runs. No worries though, I asked for it. I've been trying to get back into running since the first of the year and figured it would be a great way to stay in my routine. I flaked out on one morning but Aunt Michelle was nice enough to once again watch the kiddos while I went for my jog.

On Wednesday night, Addison, Jonas and cousin Ashlyn and I escaped to Aunt CoCo's house to play with more cousins and Grandpa Bell. Aunt CoCo was gracious enough to even feed us a delicious dinner. It was so nice to sit back and catch up with everyone while the kids ran off to play. We even got to throw them all in the tub and have a bathing party which started out fun until Addison had her meltdown. I don't think she's quite used to having so much company/chaos in the tub.

Before long it was time for us to pack up our stuff and head for home. It is always so nice to visit family in KC and have a change-up to our day-to-day routines. We are very lucky that Daddy's work has their main office so close to family. :D


Our lovely pack mule, Aunt Michelle toting the three cousins: Ashlyn, Garrett, and Addison.

Jonas' first ride on a swing. I'm thinking he loved it - just look at that face!


Addison joining in on Michelle's playgroup festivities....cookie decorating! See how much fun we have in KC?!


Rub a dub dub....five bums in a tub. Addison, Kayley, Cora, Ashlyn, and Rex.

1 comments:

What's up with the Walkers! said...

oh so kind, and making me look even worse keeping up with your blog so well! I have at least three months of festivities to blog about before I can even share our fun time with the Huffords....always behind! So glad you came, we really did enjoy it. Best part of living in KC, everyone comes to see us!