Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Heart Day


This year we had a fun time celebrating the 'Day of Love'. I'm starting to enter that mommy phase wherein you find fun reasons to celebrate even the smallest of holidays. Especially more so now that Addison is old enough to remember all my efforts. Who knows, maybe we'll even graduate a step higher and celebrate St. Patrick's Day! Baby steps folks....baby steps.

This year we were especially lucky in that Grandma Bell got to come stay with us the night before and morning of. She was en route to a business meeting and happened to be in the area to get her co-worker carpool friend. And even better yet, Grandma was able to hang out with the kiddos on Monday night so John and I could get away on a nice little impromptu date. I'd have to say that you know it's true love if you can still have fun on a date when the food/restaurant is disgusting and the movie we saw was a step below par. Either true love or we were both thoroughly enjoying our little break from the kiddos. It was still a fun time and we were grateful for Grandma for watching the kids.

The real celebration came on Tuesday morning. I threw together a fancy shmancy love breakfast which included heart shaped toast, heart shaped ham, and pink/reddish scrambled eggs (yes they looked disgusting but what can ya do? It's heart day!) I also got a few knick kacks, toys, treats for all of my special valentines. It's definitely fun to start some fun traditions with our cute little family.

After we sent Grandma off on her trip, Jonas, Addison, and I had a pretty typical Tuesday. However, Daddy came home after work and made it more exciting. He brought Mommy and Addison (& Jonas) a rose along with sweet cards and even better....he made us dinner! It was a fairly quick/easy (but still delicious) dinner since we were all starving but I must say I was quite impressed with dessert. He always has a way to dress up the presentation and get all fancy for us. I just love it when he cooks for us for many reasons....it's always fun to see what he'll create and of course also for the fact that I get a break from cooking! :D

All in all, it was a great Valentines Day to share with my Valentines. Here are a few pictures of our festivities...


Here are two of my four valentines getting ready to enjoy breakfast.


And here is my third valentine enjoying her food and treats. I just realized Jonas was MIA in all of these pictures but believe me, he was definitely involved in the festivities.


Daddy surprised us with cards and flowers. Addison was in L.O.V.E. with her pink rose.


Addison decided to help Daddy with dinner. We dined on baked potatoes with all the fixin's....bacon, cheese, skyline chili, etc. Delish!


And alas, my favorite: Dessert! Isn't it just beautiful? And it was just as delicious as it looked too!

3 comments:

Jean Fields said...

What a beautiful Valentines Day celebration!!! You were really blessed - why? - because everyone loves Shannon!!!

Josie said...

What is that dessert?? It looks soo good!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

What a fun valentine's day! I love that Addi was so excited about her rose from John. What a great dad.