Monday, September 10, 2012

Lest I Forget...

This is a random and short post to include a few things that I'm afraid I'll forget as the years go by.  I love listening to the random stuff my kiddos (well just Addison right now until Jonas learns to talk) say and the cute things they do throughout the day.  It makes up for all the crazy and embarrassing things they do all the other days of the week.

Story #1:  Ahhhh, the innocence of a child.  The other day as we were shopping at Wal-mart, I was pushing the cart past a couple of people carrying on a conversation.  One was a Wal-mart worker who was male and had rather long hair.  I didn't think anything of it until Addison shouted out....  "Mommy!  Dat is a boy and he has girl hair!!  He's silly.  He's not a girl he's a boy!"  I couldn't contain the laughter.  She said it in the most silliest "I can't believe he'd be so stupid and do that" voice imaginable.  I thought for a quick second on whether I should shush my child and be embarrassed that he overheard but then thought nahhh.....she's right and it's true.  Boys should have boy hair and girls should have girl hair.  He apparently didn't get the memo.  ;-)

Story #2:  I'm quickly converting Addison to my most favoritest band ever of all time.  Matchbox 20 and Rob Thomas.  They just came out with a CD which I just bought and we listen to it ALL the time in the van.  On multiple occasions she asks me to turn it louder and louder on her favorite songs so she can rock out to it.  Okay, who am I kidding....we both rock out to it while we drive down the road.  It's a good way to chase the grumpies away after a long day.  Well today, I observed her in the backseat as I was driving around running errands and of course listening to the CD.  She had a stuffed animal swaddled up in a blanket and laying across her shoulder while she patted her back and bee bopped to the music.  It's one of those moments where you realize....maybe I did do something right.  After all, she's got a mother's touch as she lovingly pats and rocks the baby, AND she loves busting a move to Matchbox 20 at the same time.  She's a smart girly and I'm proud to call her mine.  I enjoy watching her when she doesn't know I am doing it.  It makes me slow down and appreciate her and admire her more than when I'm just frustrated and butting heads with her.

0 comments: