Thursday, January 17, 2013

Addisonism's

Every once in awhile, Addison says something super cute and/or funny.  Okay, who am I kidding?  She does it MORE than every once in awhile.  It's hilarious and makes the hard times worth it that's for sure.  I try to document them on Facebook (as they happen) and then eventually, I post them to the blog for posterity's sake.  Enjoy the read!

Addisonism #1:  After a crazy morning of rush hour traffic, she observed me using the word "Are you serious?" a few times (hey, at least it's not "freak" anymore ;).  
A: "Mommy, you know what I'm serious about?"
M: "What?"
A: "Doze cars!"

Addisonism #2:  After a morning of doctors and shots for Jonas, then flu shots for the rest of us, I asked her if she wanted to be a doctor when she grew up.  She LOVES doctors and loves to take medicine and did wonderfully with her shot.  Her reply?
A: Yes, but I don't wanna do da shots.  I just wanna do da ears and da babies in da bellies...oh and da knees when you hold da fing and it goes (hammer actions ensue).

Anyone know how to specialize in all of that  Where there's a will there's a way.  And trust me she has a STRONG will!

And meanwhile, I caught Jonas eating out of the dirt pile when I was sweeping.  I promise I feed the boy.  He just NEVER gets full!  I gotta sleep sometime right?

So proud of both of my children and their lofty aspirations.  :o)  Addison a doctor, and Jonas a garbage disposal.

Addisonism #3:  
A: "Mommy what do you want for Christmas?"
M: "I want a happy girl named Addison and a happy boy named Jonas."
A: "Otay!  Do you want us to dance around and stuff?"
M: "Sure!"

Addisonism #4:  After a particularly rough morning and being in a grumpy mood, we picked Addison up from school.  While heading home she says:
A: Mommy! Do you want to see my quiet laugh?
M: Sure! (While looking in the rearview mirror)
A: (Gaping mouth and squinted eyes while wheezing away in an actual quiet laugh.) 
I couldn't help but bust out laughing.  So glad she can give me the giggles and chase away my grumpies.

Addisonism #5:  After being told by her Daddy that there was a baby in Mommy's tummy, I knew it was only a matter of time before she announced it to the world.  We were still early in our pregnancy and it was still hush hush.  However, she did pretty good with keeping mum.  Until, I heard her preschool teacher ask me about it one day when I was picking her up.  How did she know?  Addison told her "I have a Mommy in my tummy."  Her teacher thought that was the most hilarious thing and couldn't stop laughing and told me to record it (I'm very obedient ;-).  Then she proceeded to tell her own family over their evening dinner and had them all laughing as well.  Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this girly is hilarious!

Many times, (mostly by her uncles), I hear how cute and adorable her little raspy squeaky voice is.  Honestly, it's all I know so I don't ever notice it like they do.  However, when it's pointed out to me by more than one person on more than one occasion it makes me take a step back and observe.  She does have an adorable voice and she loves to use it.  I love the way she observes the world.  I also love the way she tells us what she thinks about it all and I love that it's always intertwined with her cute little sense of humor.  She's a silly girly and I'm glad she's mine.


A brave and happy little girl at the Dentist office.

1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

hahaha love that picture! That addison. She says the funniest thing!