Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sunbeams!

Mommy & Addison (mostly Mommy) has been counting down for quite a while for the first of the year to start.  Addison finally reached the ripe old age of 3 and was able to move up a class in church which makes her a big girl Sunbeam  now!  She gets to actually go to Primary and sit and be reverent and listen (instead of play with toys non-stop in nursery).  It seems like such a huge milestone and I can't believe I have a little girl in Primary now.  I think I was more excited than she was but she was definitely looking forward to it.  I tried my hardest to talk it up so she'd know it was a fun time and a not a scary time of change.  


All in all, she did great with the transition.  She was a little nervous to go but never once shed a tear (thanks to the practice we've had through preschool).  Luckily she was able to be brave and also help out her buddy Cooper who was also a little nervous about the big change.  We were very excited to run and pick her up from her classroom after church was over.  She had nothing but great things to say about her experience and was so proud that she was so grown up.  I'm not going to lie, John and I had many moments of peeking in the windows to check on her.  I think it was more for our sake than hers.  She sits so reverently and listens and even remembers what she learned about Jesus.  I'm always amazed at the detail she can relay about her lesson while we drive home afterward.  Since I was a Sunbeam teacher not too long ago I can attest to the fact that I would have LOVED to have a student like her in my class.  It's so hard to get kids that age to sit quietly and listen AND pay attention.  I'm a very proud Mama and excited to see her grow to be such a grown up and mature little girl.  I always have mixed feelings about her growing up.  It's sad to know she'll never be a "baby" again but it's so fun to see her learn about and discover new things.  It's starting to really fly by!

On our way to church and ready for her big day!

Peeking in on the big girl being so reverent.

Cooper & Addison are good friends.  We were glad to hear they were in the same class too!

And the first day was a success!  She loved every minute of it and so did we.  So proud of our big girl!

1 comments:

Jean Fields said...

I'm so proud of little Addison. It's hard to believe 3 years have gone by since we were at the hospital welcoming her into this world!!! Time does fly. You're doing a great job as a mommy - I'm so proud of you too! Love you with all my heart.