Monday, March 25, 2013

Birthday Bash

I had a great celebration of birth this year.  My birthdays have always been fun and great (even those I had when I was a single lady) BUT, it's always wayyyy more fun to be doted on by a loving husband and my cute kids.  I'm a very spoiled lady and I love it.

My birthday morning included Daddy rushing off early to work but not before he whispered to a half-asleep me that I'd be coming across some birthday surprises during the day.  I was rather excited.  Especially since I was able to fall back asleep until 8:00 thanks to sleepy kiddos.  I consider that my first gift and I loved it!  

When we stumbled out of our warm beds, we found the breakfast that Daddy left us on the table.  Chocolate milk and chocolate donuts - Yum!  The kids were very excited to take part in this birthday surprise with me.  We lounged around all day and it was wonderful.  Monday is usually our laundry day but it didn't take me long to cancel our routine and choose to relax and be lazy all day instead.  Clean clothes aren't that exciting anyway.

We headed off to a quick visiting teaching appointment and in the process of doing so found Daddy's hidden treat #2 - a nice hearty slim jim.  Yes, I love these disgusting tubes of unidentified meat.  So does my husband and so do my children oddly enough.  We always laugh and make fun of ourselves while we dine on them.  It made for a great mid-morning snack.

After our visiting teaching appointment, we headed off to meet up with the sister and mother-in-law(s) for lunch.  Lunch dates are always fun.  The kids even cooperated and allowed me to eat my meal like a normal person.  It was fun to visit and chat and watch the kids play with them.  

Afterwards it was my favorite time of the day - nap time!  We all crashed for a good hour or two and I woke up to Daddy trying to get in to the house (we lock the garage door for Jonas' sake).  He came home with the exciting news that he was off for the rest of the day!  Yay me!

After a short little nap for all of us, Daddy and the kiddos went to work decorating the living room and dining room and making dinner.  He actually asked if I would mind staying locked up in the bedroom while he and the kids worked in the other room.  Are you kidding?!  THAT is music to my ears!  There is nothing I would rather do than be all alone in my bedroom to vegitate while surprises were planned for me in the next room!  It was nothing short of wonderful.  

After they were done, I was invited out to the "Addison & Jonas Restaurant" which was decorated with all kinds of lovely streamers and decorations.  Addison donned an apron and a menu for me and showed me to my seat at the table.  Daddy helped remind her of her script and what she was supposed to do next.  The menu they made was adorable.  It had lots of dining options on it.  Most of them were crazy weird things like snake, etc but of course they were all "out of season" so that left me with the option of eating the exact same thing they had made for me.  What are the chances?  ;o)

I dined on a delicious steak, edamame (first time trying that), some seasoned potatoes and rolls.  It was delicious and I was stuffed.  Next I was whisked away to the couch to "open" my presents.  Due to time, we did the guessing game instead which I actually enjoyed more than ripping open wrapping paper.  I'd close my eyes, Addison would bring it out and lay it on my lap and give me some clues....then I'd touch it and guess what it was.  I was lucky enough to get a nice luxurious pillow, some new hand towels, a few workout outfits AND the lovely Les Miserables movie.  It was all soooo nice.  Such a fun birthday celebration and the cake was delicious as well.  

I'm always grateful to be surrounded with such fun things but mostly to be surrounded by such a fun and loving family...especially a Daddy who is always up for celebrating me and my birth soooo many years ago.  ;o)

Birhtday Decorations.  They really went above and beyond!

My delicious dinner from the "Addison & Jonas" restaurant.

And my lovely cake.  Yummy!

0 comments: