Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer Swim Lessons

Once again, this summer we got to take part in swim lessons.  And when I say "we" I mean Addison.  She loves to swim but could always use more confidence in the water.  Luckily, Miss Emily does an amazing job helping her gain that confidence.  And since she adores Miss Emily, she listens to her a lot more than she would her boring old Mommy.  I could definitely tell, this time around she was more comfortable with Emily since she spent most of the time giggling and thinking it was a half hour of play/swim fun with her friend.  I had to keep reminding her before hand that she needed to listen to Miss Emily. She wasn't allowed to tell Miss Emily what she wanted to do/play with next.  For the most part it worked out well.

This summer I thinks she started out as a "Level II" which means she is fine with the water but I wanted her to explore how to actually do some "swimming" motions.  I also want her to get more comfortable with actually going underwater and realizing she won't die each time she does.  We only did one session this year (last year we did two) since I am great with child and I wasn't keen on figuring out a way to take a newborn AND chase an almost two year old each time we took her to lessons.  This way it worked out perfectly.  I just got to be pregnant and hot and sweaty while chasing Jonas....the boy has no fear....especially of his Mommy telling him to stop doing something twenty kajillion times.  Oy that boy.  I may just by a leash for him when his little sister comes.  


Addison is showing off her "reward" (her very own PINK goggles) for being brave and jumping off the diving board during swim lessons.  She actually did it TWICE!  And the 2nd time included actually going under the water's surface.  My baby's growing up!

1 comments:

Jean Fields said...

Oh what fun it is to swim especially in pink goggles!!! Addi, you are SO very sweet. Grandma loves your smile!