Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthday Boy

Well John is now settling comfortably in his 30's. He turned the big 3-2 last Friday. Everything I had planned went off successfully and luckily he was only aware of 2 out of 6 surprises. I'm getting better at this!!! :D John has a history of "happening upon" christmas gifts, valentine gifts, and birthday gifts. He either reads through the wrapping paper, or simply walks into rooms and closets he's never even bothered with before. He swears it's unintentional and frankly I do believe him - but really - what are the chances? I can't surprise that guy to save my life. So, now I just tell him to stay out of the specific room or quit looking at the bank/cc statements until his birthday is over. That works for the most part - unless of course he "forgets" again.  

The day started off with a little treasure hunt of sorts. He hunted around the house for his wrapped gifts one at a time. He got some great Chicago Bears stuff (one of his fav teams) and a gun magazine (for the gun he got a few months ago) and some Skyline Chili mix so we can continue making the chili he grew up with in Cincinnati. That stuff is hard to come by - by the way. And then last of all, he got surprised with the whole day off. We were intending to hit a bucket and shoot the gun and other fun stuff - but then ended up running around putting in offers and meeting with lenders on a duplex we hope to buy. He convinced me that doing that was just as fun as anything he could think of. I believed him - because I had fun doing it too!! :D Then of course we wrapped up the night with a surprise family dinner at Abuelo's (his favorite). And sadly, yes he caught on to this surprise too - but it was my own silly fault. Anyway, it was a great time to spend with family/friends and celebrate my best friend/husband's birthday. Yesterday he got his favorite meal cooked for him and blew out the candles on his ice cream birthday cake YUM!!! It was a great birthday full of great fun. It's so fun growing old with John and knowing I get to spend the rest of my life doing so. He is truly a wonderful husband and great support to me. I'm lucky to have him. He was definitely worth the wait - and it was a LONG wait!!! ;-) Here are a few pics from our dinner out.

Sarah & Tom
Mama Jean & Papa Joe
Me and the Birthday Boy
Brad & Dana
Mark, Maren, and Laney

1 comments:

Colton Anne said...

Sounds like you guys had a great day to celebrate!! :)