Sunday, August 17, 2008

Three Day Journey Through MO

So, as promised, I'm finally updating the blog and posting about the wonderful weekend we had up to and on Quentin's big wedded day bliss.  


Thursday, I left Arky solo and headed to meet up with my Mom so we could continue our journey to unite with my lil sis Cassie.  We were celebrating her baby shower on our way through town.  My family is all about conveniences and at times like this it definitely pays off!  So, since we had ample time, with my ample little sister (haha-she's at 7 months and definitely at the "ample" stage), we decided to do some retail therapy at the Lake of the Ozarks outlet mall.  Cass always gets the best bargains here and we always hear about them after the fact.  I was thrilled knowing this time that I'd get to take part.  And boy did I??  I was actually the only one that left with purchases.  But I'm sure it was fun for all.  After all, I was technically "forced" to do so.  I had to get some dress pants for John on the special sale and upon paying what spits out of the register?  COUPONS!!  And not just those lame ones that say 10% off of a $500 dollar purchase, the kind that said $5.00 off - on whatever price!! :D  

We had a great time and then we headed off to the shower festivities.  Cassie's wonderful mom-in-law put together quite the social event.  It was held at the pool and had lots of yummy food and lots of strangers (at least to me).  We aren't the most social of families so I spent the time huddling near "my own kind" and instead socialized with my wonderful cousin Jenni (who is a devoted reader of my blog so she'll love that she made it on a post), my grandma, Michelle, Ashlyn, Preston, etc.  It was a fun celebration for the little mom to be and she has lots of people that must love her because she came away with a load of gifts afterwards.  After all, love is always shown by the amount of gifts one gets right? ;-)  So, after a long long day, we headed back to Cass's house, crashed, and woke the next morning for COMO (also known as Columbia, MO - my old stomping grounds) for reception decorating. Tune into the next post for more on that.


0 comments: