Monday, May 24, 2010

Tomorrow I'm Gonna Eat A Waffle

**Again, stick with me on the random post title.

Welcome back to the Cincy vacation post. Time to proceed onto documenting our remaining days of vacation:

Day #3: Had us heading to our first major league baseball game as a family of three. We had bought tickets to see the Cincinnati Reds play on their home turf against the St. Louis Cardinals (my old "peeps"). No worries though, I vowed to John I would only be rooting for the Reds. As with everything else we ventured on, I was curious as to how Addison would handle a crowded stadium and tiny seats for a 9 inning game. However, I tried not to dwell/stress on it too much because if I do then she catches on to me and reacts accordingly. We were lucky enough to show up early to score Addison a free Reds jersey. Granted she won't fit into it until she's two but hey it's a free souvenir!

Enjoying the Red's game before the rain.

I didn't realize until we arrived that this game was the clencher to determine if the Red's would move into first place or not. John was very good at explaining the details of it all but I just retained the basics and was glad to hear I was at a suspenseful game. The weather was beautiful, our seats were great, and the Reds were kickin' butt. Addison even did amazing too! She actually fell asleep on me in the 4th inning - I was shocked. We kicked back, watched the game, and snacked on yummy refreshments.

Then within minutes - it started raining. :( What do we do now? My first thought was "Hurry and eat the nachos before they get wet!". However, we decided to wake up Addison and head out before the rest of the stadium joined us. It made for a small jaunt in the sprinkling rain but it was actually funny watching Addison - she was loving every minute of it. Once we got back to the hotel we heard that the Reds ended up winning the game! :D Too bad we weren't there to witness it but not sure if I was devoted enough to sit in pouring rain with a 1 year old to see it all play out. We spent a nice relaxing evening swimming at the hotel. Addison LOVES to swim and basically has no fear when it comes to water. I love that she loves it - but now need to refocus my energies on keeping an eye on my fearless baby around water. There is nothing cuter than a wet little baby in a swimming suit. Any squishy factor they had previously is magnified 100 x's in this environment.


Waiting on Mommy & Daddy to take her swimming


And, now this leads to my random post title. As we were leaving the pool John had another random statement moment that put me into giggles again. Out of the blue he says "Tomorrow I'm Gonna Eat A Waffle". I couldn't stop laughing at his randomness. We had been enjoying free breakfasts every morning at our hotel and on our first day neither of us opted for the waffle. However, apparently he wanted it to be known he was ready to partake of the waffle the following morning. And he did - and it was delicious. The End.

Also, I must mention, since Addison's bedtime is around 7:00, John and I had to get creative so we could avoid sitting in the dark hotel room staring at each other while she slept. Insert our creative genius....we finagled the pack 'n' play just perfectly into our bathroom. You had to hold your tongue just right to get it in since it was such a tight fit. We were so proud of our idea until we realized that now anytime we had to use the bathroom we had to jaunt down to the lobby. This wasn't a problem for John - he never uses it at night...me on the other hand - got quite tired of the nightly ritual of dressing myself, trying to spruce myself up so I didn't look like I was walking in my sleep, and trot past the lobby staffer to the restroom. I'm guessing the hotel staffer caught on after the 3rd night of seeing me in my pajamas at 4:00 in the morning. It was all worth it though (barely) since it helped Addison get great sleep and allowed us to watch TV until it was our turn to sleep.

Day #4: Monday brought a nice lazy day....lazier than normal...and it was wonderful. We didn't make any plans in the afternoon so we spent it shopping, lounging, and eating. Then that evening, some of John's old friends, The Madden's, invited us over for dinner. We even got another surprise once we got there and heard that Kyle Livingston and his family were coming to see us as well. They were all extremely hospitable and made us feel at home right away. Addison loved playing with all the cool toys Sister Madden would run off to find for her. It was great to catch up on old times from John's youth and see old friends in the process. In case they ever read this blog...Thanks SO much for the fun and food you guys provided. It was great meeting you finally!

Day #5: We had reserved this day for the Cincinnati Zoo since I had heard how great the children's area was. However, the rain interfered yet again and we bailed on the Zoo and replaced it with the Newport Aquarium. It was a great visit, despite the fact I think we hit it on field trip day with about 30 different schools. Addison got to pet a water turtle and Daddy got to pet a Shark. Mommy chickened out on all of the above. We got to see penguins, fish, sharks, frogs, feed the birds, and get railroaded by children at every turn. It was a lot of fun even though Addison was overtired and had a bad case of the wiggles through most of it.

Enjoying some ice cream at the famous Graeters. It was delish!

Day #6: Was uneventful. We flew home super early in the morning and Addison did great with it all. She did so well on our return flight the ladies behind us kept praising her and me. Little did they know what our plane endured on our first flight out there. And alas, we landed in Arky. We had a great trip but were definitely glad to be home. And most of all, I was glad to have my bathroom back! :D

Our little happy giggly girl on our return flight. :D

0 comments: