Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Year Ago Today

A year ago today, I looked like this:


Huge and uncomfortable and miserable. 1 1/2 weeks overdue. However, the end was in sight as I was scheduled to be induced the next morning. If I remember correctly, I didn't get much sleep that night. I think I actually spent more time in tears as I lay await in anticipation of it all. This was my first actual "hospital experience" (remember, my childhood consisted of so-called "home-remedies" and lots of band-aids). Couple that with my first ever "labor experience"! I was a huge pile of hormones....excited, nervous, anxious, scared, worried, but most of all I couldn't wait to meet our little girl.

And now a year has passed by and my little girl turns 1 tomorrow!! On the way home from Wal-mart today I told her the story of her birth "a year ago"....she seemed as interested as a soon-to-be one year old would be. Mostly she liked the part where I would squeal "You're turning ONE tomorrow!" She's at such a fun age now and I'm finally feeling like I've got a grasp on this parenting thing (of course I still have my days). But most of all, I am so glad she picked our family to join. She's such an easy baby for the most part. She's such a happy baby and just goes with the flow. Usually if I'm stressed or worn out, it's my own doing. She has such a CUTE personality and I just love staring at her and thinking "I can't believe you are mine!" "How can something SOOOO cute come out of me?"

People always seem to say that the years just fly by. Looking back on our first year together, there have definitely been times that it feels like it's flown by but also times where it seemed to drag a bit too. But, through it all, I've enjoyed spending it with Addison and consider myself lucky to be her Mom.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's actual birthday post.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I can't believe it!! Happy Birthday tomorrow Addison! First birthdays are soo fun! Have fun :-)

Hoffman Family said...

I can not believe it has been a year!! It goes by fast! Before you know it she will be turning 3 and then 20! She is such a doll! I love watching her at church!