Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Longest Day EVER!

Let it be known: Sundays are the LOOONNNNGGGEEESSSTTT day of the week. For many reasons I'm sure but mostly because we spend all our energy just chasing after this little girly...
Every single minute of every single hour from 6 am to 7 pm. (And trust me....I countdown each minute until 7:00 pm comes around.) As cute as she is, she is a MOVER!

We wake up at 6:00 in the morning thanks to our little early bird. Then we rush around and get ready for church at 9:00. Then wrestle her through all of church and fight her for any ounce of sleep we can possibly get out of her while there. Then come home exhausted.

But it doesn't stop there. Now that she crawls and cruises on furniture like crazy.....there is no stone left unturned, no plant left untouched, no miniscule piece of trash/paper left uneaten. It's non-stop really. Plus, our schedule gets so skewompus after coming home from church that we have no idea what order to do what in...is she sleepy? hungry? cranky? She keeps us guessing.

Today she decided to veto any/all naps whether at church or home. Which we owe a big "I'm Sorry" to Grandma & Grandpa Fields since they got to wrestle her during the 2nd hour of church while John and I taught our respective classes. I've learned the more I force her to do something (like sleep) the more stubborn she gets as she proves me wrong. It's a battle of wills that usually leaves both of us in tears.

But of course, with all of the craziness she gives us, within an hour of her going to bed, I miss the little stinker. Sometimes I'm tempted to wake her up and bring her out to play with me. Confusing isn't it? However, I manage to resist the temptation. ;-)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

so fun to see her cruisin' around. I predict she walks in another 11 days. :) Then it REALLY gets interesting...lol.

Shannon said...

while I totally feel for you, I am glad to know we aren't completely strange here at our house. and "skewompus"...hilarious-never heard that before!

Colton Anne said...

The joys of parenthood and Sunday schedules!! Try 2-5pm time! We hate it and can't wait for this year to end (only b/c of that reason though!)