Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Belated V-Day

So, technically we did celebrate the actual holiday on the actual day....it was just a low-key version. We met Daddy for lunch and Addison gave him his chocolates and homemade card. I had distributed my lovey gifts the day before because I was so excited to gift them. Addison got 'Beauty & The Beast' and a pink "Cubs" t-shirt and hat. Daddy got a Cubs t-shirt too. After all, we have to adorn ourselves accordingly since we are going to their Spring Training a week from today! And without fail, Daddy came home with wonderful surprises for his girls. A balloon for us to share and chocolates and cards for both of us.

John and my real V-day treat/celebration was the following Friday. We were preparing for this...


I've discovered a new interest in seeing any/all plays & performances in theaters. Luckily, John is just as big of a fan as well and happily accompanies me on my voyages. Prior to this we had been driving down to F-ville to see the performances. But, upon a quick internet search I happened across our nearby "Rogers Little Theater" and my curiosity was piqued. I signed us up for the dinner/show and was anxious and nervous to see what awaited us. John and I had several questions on the way to the actual theater. How big was it? What would the food taste like? How well would the performance be? Etc, etc. But, all in all we were VERY pleased and are now eager to go again soon.

It was a very small theater but very cozy and historical. Our seats were smack dab in the front so we even got to see Joseph's nose hairs! Our dinner guests were beyond conversational and enjoyable - which was good since we had an hour to eat/talk before the show started. And the play? It was great! The audio was a bit off but we were close enough that it didn't bother us. The Children's choir sat right in front of us and I had to resist the urge to lean over and pinch those cute little singing kiddos. Everyone did a wonderful job and the night was very entertaining and enjoyable. I highly recommend everyone discovering this cute little theater/performance just as we did. We created lots of good memories and are anxious to create even more for their future performances.

0 comments: