Friday, February 4, 2011

Boot Camp


I've had a LOT of time to think. And honestly, it all makes perfect sense now. Logistically, it works. There is definitely a reason why it all happens in this order. What am I talking about you ask? Our version of "Baby Boot Camp" that is currently taking place in the Hufford house between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.

Honestly, what better way to train a child to be "Mommy's little helper" when the next baby comes, than by letting them help survive the first trimester. And I must say, Addison has been passing with flying colors....even amongst the occasional pangs of guilt felt by this mommy.

It's not so much that this 1st trimester is "wayyyy worse" than when I was pregnant w/Addison. It's actually a lot less worse. But I never had to care for another being when I was pregnant w/Addison. And that makes ALL the difference in the world.

Sidenote: I'll fess up to it. I'm not the most graceful sick person out there. If there is anyone within earshot range, I like to remind them just how bad I feel.....quite often. Growing up, my mom actually asked me, while I was moaning on the couch w/the flu, if it made me feel better to do it. I simply said...Yes! And so, she gave me permission to continue my moaning and groaning. And I wasn't just being a snotty teenager.....it really does help!!! So, now John gets the luxury of listening to me remind everyone often that I'm still sick! Just in case they forget of course.

So, even though Addison doesn't quite understand my moaning and groaning, she has adapted quite well. The poor girl could probably recite Sesame Street to you at this point (hey at least it's educational right? ;-) She's learned to entertain herself while I'm lying on the couch. She'll happily eat her snacks at the coffee table. And she's easily pleased with a quick lunch of ham and cheese and whatever else can be opened and dumped on the tray. And every time I start feeling guilty about it all I keep reminding myself it's just temporary right? Right! It doesn't help that everything is currently frozen over outside so our closest thing to a park excursion is the play land at Chickfila (where they also serve hot food thank heavens!) Luckily at her young age, she doesn't know any different than this life we are leading currently. And honestly, she's such an accommodating and easy going child that even if she knew different, she'd still be just fine with it. And that's why I love her. She oozes sweetness and kindness. (I'd like to think she takes after me?? ;-)

Plus can I mention how much I LOVE this age? She's learning how to help clean up her messes and also knows how to throw things away, get shoes, and coats, and pick up toys. Not only is she learning it....she LOVES to help. And I love when she does...even when I'm not deathly sick.

She's going to be a great big helper when this next little one comes. I just know it! Can't wait to see her as a big sister!


Sooooo thankful for her!

1 comments:

Jean Fields said...

Little Miss Personality Plus and the smile of an angel steals my heart every single time. Love ya Addi!