Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Two Peanuts

We've been a bit bored as of late. We are currently watching our 2 feet of snow from our living room window. Yes, the SECOND time in two weeks.. So, I figured I'd spend this time showing off our two peanuts.

Peanut #1:

Apparently my camera flash is a bit blinding. I promise, normally her eyes do remain open the majority of the day.

Even though we haven't gone outside to play in our blizzard, apparently Addison has decided to dress the part....partially. She loves her boots and she loves her horse. Yes, this was the same horse she was afraid of on Christmas morning. Now, it's her favorite. The belt harness is what we use to pull her around the house on him. She loves the invention! What do they say? Necessity is the mother of invention? I'd like to change that to "Insanity" since that is all I've seemed to acquire from our days of harboring indoors w/all this snow.


Peanut #2:

Can you see it? Big Hufford head on the right, body and legs wrapping around on the left, and two tiny arms attempting to cover it's face. Such a shy little zygote.

We were lucky enough to have a break in the blizzard and FINALLY got to see the newest little growing peanut yesterday. (Some I know aren't as lucky as we were...sorry Megan! :-( ). It was a quick visit but we were excited to see this one was a bit bigger than we were expecting for such an early ultrasound (I'm almost 12 weeks currently). When we got to see Addison for the first time, she was about the size of a peanut blob and we could only really make out her wiggly fingers and legs. It's so fun to finally see what has been going on inside you for the past few weeks. And for John to FINALLY believe me when I say I'm pregnant!! Lol....jk. He's believed me from the beginning...it's me that has doubted.

And speaking of John, I would like to clarify our misunderstanding from our earlier negotiation. Apparently the "Poopy Diaper Pact of 2011" was really only supposed to cover that "day" (according to him) and I was thinking it was covering at LEAST for the rest of the first trimester. The wishful thinking was that it would last the full 9 months. So, needless to say, we are re-entering negotiations. Stay tuned for the latest developments! He's a softy so I expect with only minor begging and pleading we'll have it extended soon! ;-)

3 comments:

Jean Fields said...

Oh I just LOVE your two little peanuts! And, I'm so excited to see pictures of peanut 2! It makes it all seem very real doesn't it? Hope things go really well for you Shannon throughout your pregnancy. We love all four of you!!!

Sarah said...

She is precious - eyes open or not...and the zygote is pretty cute too.

She Loves To Make said...

Love the boots and the horse haha! Yes, you are lucky you got your ultrasound...I should have tagged along with you yesterday. The machine and gel was out already--it would have taken 5 minutes :)