Wednesday, June 15, 2011

28 Weeks

I'm already starting to fall behind on this pregnancy. At least I took the picture (two weeks ago mind you) and at least I'm posting it finally....even though I'm further along now. And sadly, I'm just guesstimating that I'm even AT 28 weeks in this picture. But without further adieu....my big belly at the 28 week mark...


So needless to say, this past Monday we had our latest appointment and I'm now measuring at 30 weeks - right on track. Which is nice because I feel like I'm huge!! I asked my doctor about the weight gain and he just mentioned he wasn't worried because it was most likely "water retention" with all the summer heat etc. Hahahaha....music to my ears! I'm glad he's convinced it's "water retention" instead of "grease retention" since that is all I seem to be craving this whole.stinkin.pregnancy. Maybe I can actually convince myself of that as well??!

So it is what it is, it's hot, sticky, and humid and I'm still managing to eat non-stop and am always hungry. Maybe this baby boy is to blame instead of my lack of self control? I do know I'm not loving the heat (surprise surprise) and can't seem to last long outside unless I'm submerged in a pool or surrounded by an air conditioned vehicle. But honestly, that's pretty much how I was even before I got pregnant. Me and heat do not mix. Sadly, Addison and John get to deal with the after affects of it - a hot, sweaty, cranky, Mommy. Oh well, I'm definitely in countdown mode since I'm now down to two-week appointments! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Familia Morales said...

You look beautiful Shannon!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

You look great! And yes, this summer heat is no fun pregnant (or not pregnant!)