Thursday, June 23, 2011

Triple "D"

Daddy Daughter Date!!

Addison and Daddy got the chance to have a really fun date together this past Saturday afternoon. It worked great for Mom as well since it allowed me some time to shop/run errands in preparation for our Father's Day celebration the following day (post to follow).

This particular Daddy Daughter Date was 85% brought to you by Chick-fil-a.



Sidenote: I could write a whole post on how wonderful I think this restaurant is - yeah the food is great and all but the customer service and community involvement is WONDERFUL! And frankly, both of those areas seem to be lacking considerably amongst other restaurants. And have I mentioned they close on Sundays!!? :D


But I digress. John was privy to some intel that Chick-fil-a was hosting a "Daddy Daughter Date" the night before Father's Day. And apparently they go all out with their parties. Can I just say.....linen tablecloths people! We don't even eat on linen in our own house.....even on special holidays! And that was just the beginning of it all....they had tule decorating the ceiling, live music, beautiful centerpieces on the tables, candy flowers for the little girlies, free ice cream and sprinkles, princess tiaras, and coloring crafts. Daddy even did a wonderful job of documenting their outing in multiple pictures (I've trained him well eh?) So here are a few pictures for your enjoyment.....feel free to hit me up if you want to see the other 273 I couldn't fit on this blog post. ;-)


With all the loot she scored I'm guessing this Father/Daughter outing was more for the little girlies than the Dads.

Lately, her smiles have changed a bit. Apparently the more excited she gets - the more crazy her smiles are. I'm guessing she was having LOTS of fun! ;-)



After dinner they headed off to explore the Pet Store. Yes, this easily puts Daddy into the "favorite parent" spot for quite awhile. Here they are checking out the Guinea Pigs!

Next up....the birdies!


And alas, they were lucky enough to get to watch them feed the ferrets! And yes Grandma Jean, we are aware that ferrets can chew off fingers of a family of five in four minutes. Which I guess should make me grateful I survived since my sister had one as a pet when I was growing up!


And they wrapped up the fun date with a trip to the park. It must be known, Addison is obsessed with slides. She points them out as we drive past them but we hardly ever stop. I'm sooo glad that Daddy finally made her dreams come true. He's soooo much cooler than Mom! :D

Here's the action shot for ya!

They called me on the phone when they made it home. I could tell within minutes how much fun she was having with Dad because she was jabbering away in the background. She was sooo thrilled to recap their evening festivities and I was thrilled to hear about them and see all the adorable pictures of the Daddy and the Daughter. So glad they adore each other so!

(And I'm not gonna lie, it was nice to have a night to myself as well ;-)

2 comments:

Josie said...

haha this cracked me up, especially the ferret. Love that cheeeeeese smile

Colton Anne said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm so bummed our Chick-fil-a didn't do a daddy-daughter date night...or if they did we didn't know about it...but we are there all the time and would probably have known about it! Nick would have TOTALLY gone for that!