Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Family Date Night

This Mom decided to throw together a random family date night a few weeks ago. I had figured we were due for some fun....technically I think we are ALWAYS due for some fun! And of course since I'm the boss around here - we made it happen! ;-)

Now that Addison is 2 years old it was time to introduce her to some firsts (more posts to follow). But this first "first" was definitely a fun one! We loaded up soon after Daddy got off work and headed out to go none other than...

BOWLING!

Of course Addison took to it immediately. Especially the part where she was bound and determined to carry her own bowling ball. Thankfully Daddy hovered enough to ensure that no toes were sacrificed in the effort. It was a "toddler-friendly" ball but I was still surprised at how heavy it actually was.

After collecting said ball, she would waddle herself over to the little dragon ramp and promptly push it off toward the pins. She was so quick with the process that I got only a few shots where you could actually see the ball in motion. She was also very dainty with her pushes....so much so that the ball still barely made it down the lane. Daddy tried his hardest to insert some last minute tricks to pick the speed up but ultimately they all failed. Addison even waited patiently to see if she knocked any pins down before she'd run right for the bowling ball yet again.
I've always been obsessed with how hilarious/adorable/cute bowling shoes are. As a teenager I even tried to figure out a way to add them to my personal shoe collection. So, of course anything that is already cute, once shrunken down to a toddler size 7, turns up the cute amp-age quite drastically. I simply had to get a good shot of the cute little Addibell with her cute little shoes.


After we knocked down our pins (and Mommy won-might I add) we decided to hit up the arcade. Yep, another first for the Addibell. She was quite mesmerized by all the lights and really didn't care if we inserted tokens or not, playing the game was just as fun either way. Her favorite was the carousel, or the "Orsey's" of course. I won't mention how she had a good lucky streak going on a game of chance that John and I were hooked on. We had to bribe her to come push the button and win more tickets which got incredibly difficult when she wanted to move on to bigger/better things. For whatever reasons, her chubby little fingers pushing the buttons always got the bigger win than any of our attempts. Of course in the end, she reaped the benefits....TONS of tickets to spend on the chinsey little plastic toy prizes. All in all, it was a great way to spend a family date and I'm sure we'll be returning quite often!

3 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Fun night!

Natalie said...

Haha LOVE the shoes :) What a cute girl

Jean Fields said...

Shannon is the bowling queen and Addi is working to become the bowling princess. I give her one more year and she will beat both you and John! hahahhaha I think she has inherited her daddy's competitive nature! I LOVE her shoes. When my kids were growing up I always wanted to buy them Buster Brown shoes because they were so incredible. However, most of the time my budget wouldn't allow - but that didn't stop me from dreaming!