Friday, October 5, 2012

From The Mouths Of Babes

I've decided to do a recurring post documenting the cute/funny things the kiddos say. Yep, I said Kiddos! Jonas is a talker now...and it's more than just some "goo-goo, gaa-gaa". So without further adieu:

ADDISON:
For the past several days, Addison has been no more than 5 inches away from me. Even when I lose patience with her or am grumpy, she STILL wants to be right.next.to.me. The other day, as she was sitting on my lap this interchange happened between us:

M: Okay, get up, I'm getting clausto!
A: (within seconds) "Ohhhh, can I help you get some clausto?"
Sometimes my little shadow can be quite funny.

JONAS:
After lunch today, he was cruising around the kitchen holding on to anything/everything in his path and jabbering away. Just as a chair slipped under his grasp you could see him flex every muscle in his body to keep from falling down. I caught on and went by him and said "Uh-oh" and without missing a beat he replied "Ahhh Ohhhh" To the common person this may not be that funny. But to this Momma, I LOVE that he is learning new words. Especially considering the fact that his sister rarely lets him get a word in edge-wise. And I always heard 2nd children are slower to talk. However, I'm glad he's keeping up with us and feeling challenged to chime in to our conversations! It also proves to me he knows what he's saying as opposed to just jabbering at any/everything in his path. He's growing up!

ADDISON:
The other day, as I was sitting at the computer, Addison decided to do some tricks/contortions. Once she was posed I heard her say... "Momma!! Look at what my body is doing!!" in her very cute excited voice. I turned around and she was posed just perfectly. I love the way she puts words together so cute and interesting.



JONAS:
Yesterday, as I was busy doing something, Jonas was crawling around the kitchen. He is OBSESSED with the kitchen. Mostly the trash and the cleaning chemicals cupboard (the one cupboard that has a broken child proof lock-how does he know?) Anyway, within a few minutes I heard a bang and ran to see what happened. The poor guy slid somehow and bonked his head pretty good on the tile. He was sobbing pretty hard but luckily no blood or cuts. Just an ugly little bruise poor guy. As I was consoling him, I was also changing his diaper and talking to him. He was still whining/sniffling but within a few minutes he started just randomly laughing. Just sort of a random little giggle that kept going and going. I'm guessing he gets this from his Daddy. I think he's been known to laugh when he is hurting. Such an interesting reaction eh? I'll take it!

ADDISON:
Today: While pushing Addison on the swings at the park, she proceeds to tell me:
A:Mommy, you are uh-mazing.
A: Mommy, you are boo-tiful.
A: Mommy, you are soooo smaht!
M: I couldn't agree with you more!

Gotta start them young right? She's almost always this nice to me.....as long as I'm pushing her in the swings at the park. ;o)

JONAS:
A few weeks ago, while laying around on a lazy Sunday afternoon:
Jonas decided to steal the iPad from his sister, swatted at the screen and then the song "My Name is Jonas" started playing. Coincidence? I think not!

ADDISON:
Secretly, I LOVE getting scolded by my child. It shows me that she actually listens to what I'm teaching her. Conversation today after I referred to a driver being a "freak" since he was driving crazy in the parking lot.

A: Mommy! We don't say fweak!
M: You are right Addison! Mommy made a BAD choice!
A: Fweak is not a nice word Mommy. We should say "silly boy" instead.
M: Thank you for reminding me Addison. I will try to not say it again.
A: Yes, Mommy try not to say it next time okay? Dat is a bad word.

Now, I just need to heed my own teachings. So proud of my little rule follower!

2 comments:

Jean Fields said...

Those two little sweethearts are so blasted cute, both in appearance and in the words that come from their little mouths. It must be hard to not squeeze too tight! Love em!

She Loves The Color Pink said...

Hahaha so cute! Joey has yet to say "uh oh" or any of those little kid sayings. I'm excited to hear his little voice say words.