Thursday, October 11, 2012

Master Of The House

This boy...




Rules the roost.  These are my reasons of proof:

Reason #1:  
He sits at the head of the table....as in literally.  Mostly out of convenience's sake and that clunky booster seat chair but apparently the power has gone straight to his head.  When he feels like he needs to silence us he'll pound his chubby little hands on the table.  Seriously, he takes his chubby hands and smacks them down at the same time right on the table....just to let his power be known.  And if that doesn't catch our attention he lets out an awful squeal that silences every conversation and we all look at him in response.  We all quickly respond to his demands just to continue enjoying the silence.  We are very obedient servants.

Reason #2:
He is sorely missed and doted on by all of us.  Just today as he and I went to pick up Addison after school I witnessed the following...  We stand in the parent pick-up line while her teacher calls her name to come and she is all smiles and big eyes as she bounds around the corner and comes running full force at me.  I hold out my arms thinking she's so glad to see me and she barrels into us and squeezes Jonas' legs (as I hold him) and shouts "I misted you buddy!".....nope not me.  She even responds again and says "Hey Mommy!  I misted Donas today!" and I acted all happy and proud as the parents behind me all chuckled and said "aweeeee..." but once we were out the doors I said "Did you miss Mommy too?  Or just Jonas?" luckily she obliged with "I misted you too Mommy."  But, I'm sure you get my point.  She loves her brother.  And I love that she does.  Even if that means sometimes I fall into 2nd place.

Reason #3:
He gives the best open-mouth kisses EVER.  And all of the rest of us are clamoring over each other to get one.  We will do anything for one of those kisses.  Usually all you have to do is hold him close and say "Kisses??" and then he leans into you and smacks one on you.  It mostly involves a bit of slobber transfer but again it's totally worth it.  For some reason Daddy gets the most kisses at the end of the day.  Um hello?  I'm the one home doing ALL the work with you little guy!?

Reason #4:
Similar to his yummy kisses he also gives the BEST cuddles.  I love that he's a rambunctious boy but he still takes some time (mostly just a few seconds) to stop and lay his head on you and then proceeds onward.  I usually call them his "Mamaluvs" since I could just eat them up but again he is an equal opportunity distributor.  Just the other day, when Daddy came home from work, Jonas gave him several kisses in a row and a couple of luvs/head rubs when Daddy picked him up.  I'm guessing he sees us giving Daddy a hug and a kiss and has quickly learned that this is what we do.  It's adorable that he's all boy and still affectionate.

Reason #5:
We wait and dote on him hand and foot.  Apparently there's no need to learn to walk with this kind of service.  Even when we set up our "walk-training course" he just smiles and laughs and thinks it's hysterical that we are all watching him and cheering him on.  He's amazed at the amount of feedback he gets just standing there holding on to a finger that he doesn't even feel the need to actually take a step.  He'll just sit down and smile and laugh at us while we wait with baited breath.

Reason #6:
When Mommy has banished him to the high chair (usually right after he makes a mess) his older sister quickly comes to his aid while I clean up said mess.  Yesterday, as I was cleaning, I overheard Addison talking to him in her baby voice "Whats da mattah buddy?  Are you sad?  It'll be otay.  You be otay buddy.  Are you hungry little brudder?" and then I turn around to see she's found something somewhat edible from somewhere and placed it on his tray.  If he's not hungry then she happily puts on a little song/dance to entertain him while I make dinner.  Usually it consists of hiding somewhere in the house and then jumping out and running to him.  To which he laughs hysterically.  I'm glad she can entertain him so well so I can take some time off.

Somewhat related in this 'all about Jonas' post....

He has learned to say some words (which I forgot to include in his 1 year post).  Mostly he can say "Ahhh Ohhh" when something happens...he falls, drops something, etc.  He also says "Mamamamama" which I'm starting to realize may actually be referencing me now.  :D  And the same with "Dadadadada".  Just the other day I learned he added a new words to his vocabulary.  He crawled over to a toy ball and said "Baaaa" as he picked it up and played with it.  It's close enough that I'm counting all of it!  He's such a smart boy eh?

Anyway, we are happy to have him rule the house (most days).  Who wouldn't want to have such a cute and squishy and squeezy and funny boy as their leader?

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, I'm impressed with your FHE abilities, and I love hearing the cute things your kiddos do and say :)