Thursday, October 11, 2012

Princess Premiere Party



Several months ago, a friend of mine mentioned there would be a party for princesses at the Pinnacle theater where they would watch Cinderella and get to dress up have have popcorn and pop (like my use of P's? ;-)....yup I have a preschooler!).  Anyway, she and another friend had daughters about the same age as Addison so we thought it'd be fun to sign-up and take them on a special date together.  

I was rather excited about all of it (as I live vicariously through my daughter of course) and tried my absolute hardest to keep it from Addison.  I was amazed I could last with my secret up until three days before the big event!!  Why didn't I mention it to her for so long you ask?  Refer to the parenthesis above wherein I stated "I have a preschooler"  oh and she's a girl.....and she LOVES to talk...especially when it's asking questions to me non-stop.....and she is still grasping the concept of days/times/hours etc.  I wanted to keep my sanity for as long as humanly possible folks.

Of course, once she found out about it she was thrilled.  She promised she would be a big girl so she could do fun things w/Mommy.  She did great at it up until the very last minute when it was time to leave. Luckily, with a bit of side-tracking ability and a trip to time-out, we were soon on our way!  We took a few minutes to recharge our batteries (cool down) while we drove....which I'm learning BOTH of us need in these moments ....and we were happy campers again by the time we got to the theater and our friends.  

All of the princess friends were adorable.  They were also very excited to meet the "real princesses" once we entered the building.  Of course we were a bit disappointed to learn that the "real princesses" consisted of high schoolers wearing their prom gowns and not the actual Disney version ones we all pictured.  Did I mention we live vicariously through our daughters? ;-)  However, luckily the girls didn't even notice or catch-on that these were the "real princesses" and instead ran right up to the cardboard cut-outs of the real princesses.  They were quite pleased with those so we went with it and had some photo-ops with them.  



Overall, everyone had a blast!  It took a little while to figure out who was sitting by who initially but the rest was seamless.  The girls did VERY good during the movie and they thoroughly enjoyed their LARGE pop and LARGE popcorn all to themselves.  One of my favorite parts was just watching the girls watch the big screen.  It's so fun to see the princess magic in their eyes.  I was amazed that they all sat and watched it so attentively!  

On our way out of the movie they got even more princess loot!  A goody bag full of toys, a princess crown, a cinderella cupcake (thank you BLUE icing) and a princess cup and stickers!!  Almost more than we could even hold!  Even the Mommy's were lucky enough to score some thanks to those non-cheap tickets and us making sure we got every penny's worth of our ticket as well.  :D

Thanks to all the fun that was shared and the Mommies that invited us.  Addison and I both enjoyed it and I'm lucky that she has good friends that she gets along with so well.  She couldn't stop talking about  them or the movie for days afterward.  Especially the part after the movie where they danced on the floor in front of the big screen.  That's how you know you had an impact on her!

It was interesting how observant she was during the movie.  As a result, we've even used it as a learning lesson.  One part she referred to several times was when Cinderella's wicked stepsisters tore her pretty dress (the one her mice friends made for her) that she was going to wear to the ball.  But Cinderella didn't get mad at them.  She just picked it up and was sad and was still nice to them.  I keep trying to refer to the fact that "real princesses" don't get mad or bossy or throw fits when they don't get their way.  I'm hoping it sinks in quickly!

Waiting for the movie with our princess friends.  Elsie, Camila, and Addison.
Posing by their version of the "real princesses" - thank heavens for cardboard cut-outs!

1 comments:

Jean Fields said...

How adorable! What a sweet memory for these three little princess dolls! I can imagine how I would have felt at that age to attend such a wonderful ball!!!