Monday, November 5, 2012

Haunted Harvest

We did celebrate Halloween with the rest of the population.  It has just taken me over a week to post about it.  It's worth the wait though...trust me.  And we have so many pictures that I'm breaking it up into a few posts.  You're welcome. ;-)

The weekend before Halloween we were lucky enough to have Grandma Bell come and visit us.  I had requested her presence weeks in advance since John was going to be gone on our ward trunk-or-treat night (taking youth to an activity) and there was nooooo wayyyy I was lugging two kids under 3, dressed in full costume, with a simmering pot of chili, and a bowl full of candy to a church function all by my lonesome.  My mother loves me apparently....so she came.  And Addison could NOT have been more excited about her arrival.  She loves her some Grandma Bell time.  

Our Saturday morning started off with a trip to the local Pumpkin Patch.  We were all rather excited.....until we were reminded just how much that lovely pumpkin patch costs.  Um whuh?  8.00 admission just to get past the gate?  We even insisted we didn't want to do the actual corn maze part of it...nope same price regardless.  They totally have a monopoly on this festivity this time of year.  Yep, we paid it and gosh darn it we DID do the corn maze after all....whether we wanted to or not!  We had to get our money's worth ya know!  And we did, it was a grand time had by all.  I guess I can muster up the money once a year just for the memories.  

I was reduced to riding the cow train yet again this year.  I don't think I'll be getting to take a year off anytime soon.  While Addison was old enough for her "own cow", Jonas was not.  I'm hoping he enjoyed it enough to make sacrificing my knee caps with every bump worth it.  A mother's love.

The nice "cow train driver man" let Addison have a seat in the driver's seat after our ride.    I guess he took pity on us since we were his only passengers on our route.

I'm the one that convinced John to take this picture of Jonas.  Yes, we did leave him teetering on the edge of death...just for a photo op.  But isn't it cute?!  No worries, I was only five inches away at the time.  It's a fitting picture since he's our little climber (aka mountain goat).
 
Our little family posing for a photo op.  

Grandma and her favorite grandkids. ;-)

Jonas is the goat whisperer.  Actually he is the "insert any animal you can think of here" whisperer.  He likes them all.  I'm assuming it's a mixture of his lack of fear and a complete naiveté to anything possibly going wrong.  He especially liked to pull this goat's ears.  The goat wasn't a fan.

Addison is a semi-sheep whisperer.  It takes her a bit to acclimate to the livestock but once she does, she's golden.

Loading up in the trailer to ride down and pick out some pumpkins.  What isn't shown is the less than stellar selection of pumpkins.  We decided to just load back up in the trailer and go along for the ride.  At this point in the season, Wal-mart would have a better selection (and better prices).  

This is fun Grandma Bell entertaining the kiddos at the chili cook-off/Ward trunk-or-treat.

A quick pose of the two cuties all suited up and on our way out to trick-or-treat some trunks.

 It was a great weekend and so much fun to share it with Grandma Bell.  I love to see the kids hang out with her and request that she do every.single.thing for them.  It works rather well for me as I sit and watch her raise my children all weekend.  It's a win-win.  

The trunk-or-treat was a blast and was just the beginning to even more fun-filled Halloween festivities.  Stay tuned for more!

0 comments: