Friday, November 9, 2012

Part Goat, Part Lizard

After much observation, I've determined Jonas is a hybrid of two animals.  A mountain goat, and a little lizard.  

Ever since he started crawling (at a whopping 10 months old) he has decided that EVERY surface he comes into contact is climb-able.  It's funny to see just how he approaches objects.  Even if it's totally higher than him, he still hikes that little leg up acting like if he just gets it a centimeter closer he'd make it.  I love his determination.  

In the beginning he decided climbing on me was the way to go.  If I was laying down on the ground within reach, he'd just mountain goat climb his way up and on top of me.  Never stopping.  Since then he's climbed a variety of objects.  Here are just a few I was able to catch with a camera...

Without fail, he beelines it to the dishwasher any time I leave it open.   I also got a picture of him mid-fall right after this.  

Climbing up the diaper box.  He's whimpering for some help here as the box slides away slowly from the table.

Trying his hand at the piano...with a little boost of course.

Trying to be like sister and help in the kitchen.  See what I mean about that little leg making a go at it?

The side shot.  Again he's panicking while it slides away from the counter.  And yes, I stay with the camera instead of saving him. ;o)  He survived, I promise.

With all of his climbing endeavors he has also managed to make some pretty hard falls and keep on going.  I guess it's a boy thing.  Might as well train them young right?  It is funny when I hear a scared frightened cry coming from across the house, only to run and find him trapped on some sort of stool, trying to climb his way up.  For being such a climber, he hasn't quite yet mastered how to get down.

I wasn't able to catch his little Lizard moments on camera quite yet but I remain determined.  He's always swaying and bobbing that squeezy little tongue out of those juicy little lips.  It's so tempting to take a swipe and try to grab it but he is a quick one.  I haven't been able to yet.  He sticks it out just barely and points it just perfectly and smirks at me.  I swear he's taunting me with it.  I can hardly contain my need to squish him when he does it.  

Regardless of what animal hybrid he is we love him and accept him in all of his animal gloriousness.  He's fun to watch as he meanders around the house.  I love the boy in him. I'm so glad I get to see the similarities and differences of he and his sister.  Boy, I have some cute kids.

1 comments:

Meg + Taylor said...

What an active little guy he is. What a cutie! I love how you first take the picture, then rescue him ;0