Thursday, September 26, 2013

He Says, She Says

As you probably know by now, Addison can say some pretty funny things.  Her mind is an interesting place to be and I love when I get a glimpse inside of it.  I try to record them as they happen so I can document it on this blog.  Sorry for my facebook followers who get to read it twice.  ;)




Addisonism #1:
While handing her food to put on the table for dinner...I gave her a bowl of avocados...A: "Mom, I do NOT like deese!"M: "Addison, is that a nice thing to say to Mommy when she is cooking dinner for everyone.A: "Mommy, thank you for cooking dinner but I do not much like deese very much."

Addisonism #2:
Not necessarily anything cute or funny but just a reminder that I have a sweet and helpful girly.

I left the three kiddos in the van (with the A/C on) and watching a movie while I took a quick 4 minutes to wash the outside of it at the carwash.  Within those four minutes both Jonas and Brooklyn cried....a bunch.  Poor Addison unbuckled herself and tried to make them both happy with no success.  When I was done, she tried to tell me about it all and started tearing up because "I couldn't make dem stop crying Mommy."  It was so sad and thoughtful to hear how she tried her hardest to help.  Looks like she got a good glimpse of how chaotic a 1 year old, and a 2 month old can be.  And looks like I got a good glimpse of how helpful my 4 year old can be.  We were both grateful...especially when the crying finally stopped.

Addisonism #3:
While at the mall waiting for her to buckle her seatbelt by herself (which she has done plenty of times)...
A: "I can't do it Mommy! I need hellllppp!"
M&D: Continue coaching and assure her she can.
A: "It's not working Mommy! I can't do it!"
D: "Let it go back and rest and try pulling it softly."
A:"I CAN'T Dooooo .... I DID IT!!! I KNEW I COULD!!"
Nothing like the power of positive thinking......eventually.


Addisonism #4:
During her 'after-nap tantrum' which I'm ignoring:
A: "Mommy, you are NOT nice to me.  You don't let me play wif my cousins, you don't take me to da store, you don't let me get on da trampoline, you don't let me play with Donas...hey Shannon can you say okay for me Shannon?
I must say this tantrum is more entertaining to listen to than all the others.  I must be one mean mommy!

Addisonism #5:
A: "Mommy, could you help me put on my socks?"
M: "Sure Addison.  Thank you for asking me like a big girl."
A: "Yeah, I asked you like a big girl and not a little mean stinker because I'm not a little mean stinker anymore."

Jonas can say some pretty funny stuff too lately.  He's taking after his sister.  I'm enjoying the race of figuring out who is more funny.  His isn't so much "funny" as it is hilarious to hear him say his words in his deep man voice.

Jonas'ism #1:
This didn't necessarily involve something he "said" but was still just as funny and he was involved.  The kids were hanging out with Aunt Sarah and cousins one day while I was running an errand.  This is her story:
Overheard while Bradley was making your kids popcorn today: Bryce says, "Jonas can't have a whole bag of popcorn...he's little"  Bradley responds, "Bryce.  Yes he can.  Don't you know his Dad is Uncle John?"

And yes, he has been known to down a whole bag of popcorn.  He has Hufford blood in him you know!

He has gotten very generous with his "thank-you's" lately and I love it.  While Addison still has to be reminded to say it, Jonas says it automatically.  I love hearing his deep manly boy voice say "Dank You" when I give him something.  

One of my personal favorites of his is when he is trying to give someone something.  He'll patiently stand by your side, holding it out for you, while saying "Hurrrrrr, Hurrrrr, Hurrrrr" (Here) over and over again.  His tone of voice is hilarious and I love that he mispronounces it so cutely.  It's a fun one to impersonate and the minute you do he starts smiling because he knows you're talking about him.

He's also learning a few more words and it helps immensely.  I'm hoping there will be less whining and fits in the future when we can understand each other better.  His newest words are "Dank you", "Hep Meeee" (Help Me), "Disssss" (when he wants something - good luck figuring out what that something is) "Nack" (Snack), "Nigh Nigh" (Night Night), "Ahhhhson" (Addison), and "Side" (Outside).  He's also doing great at putting together short sentences.  Most of the time he's saying "I fall"  Yes, this one is a common occurrence with this boy.  If he's not falling he's making messes.  It's usually one of those two.  ;)

0 comments: