Sunday, September 1, 2013

Jonas Turns Two!

This big boy got bigger!  And we got to celebrate it!  Our little J McKay turned two years old and we had so much fun showering him in attention.  We love having him in our family and have enjoyed hanging out with him these past two years.

I love this picture of him showing me his "Cheeeeethe" smile.

The big dude's birthday was on a Sunday so we improvised a bit with our festivities.  Which worked out great since we are trying to do a little more low-key and less formal celebrations.  Daddy & Mommy sang "Happy Birthday" to him the minute he woke up.  We also sang it multiple times throughout the day.  It was adorable to see him smile and soak up all the attention.  His nursery class even sang to him and they said he loved it.  By the end of the day, I think he was convinced the song was made just for him.  

After church and naps we got to dine on Jonas' favorite birthday dinner.  Of course, getting him to actually tell me what he wanted for dinner was not possible.  So, I ventured my best guess and it looks like I guessed it right!  This boy gobbled his plate up faster than I've seen him do it before.  His dinner was chicken nuggets with "dip it" (aka white gravy), curly french fries (he liked these the most), cantaloupe (the boy LOVES his fruit), and black olives (he's just like his Mommy).  Oh and pink lemonade to drink of course.   
Getting ready to dine on the big boy's birthday dinner!
He loved it all - mostly the curly fries of course.
After dinner we were lucky enough to have Grandma & Grandpa Fields come over and help us celebrate with a little family gift giving.  This year Daddy and Addison made the cake while Mommy wrapped the presents.  Daddy and Addison are quite the cooks.  I don't have a picture but it was a double layered chocolate cake with some gooey chocolate icing drizzled all over and some cool bulldozers and construction trucks on top.  He loved it and so did we.

He especially loved opening his presents from everyone.  Mommy & Addison and Brooklyn got him a cool drill screwdriver, and a fast motorized car, and a spider-man ball.  Daddy got him a t-ball stand and balls and a bat, and Grandma and Grandpa gave him a cool car/ramp/garage toy (see below).  He was definitely showered in gifts and he was very nice to share with his sister.

Here's the birthday boy surrounded in all his fun toys.

The following Monday was Labor Day and we had planned a little family swimming party that evening at Tom & Sarah's Donkey Hill.   It was so nice of them to share their fun pool with us and we all got to swim and eat pizza and dine on a big cookie for Jonas' big day.  So many family and friends came to celebrate Jonas and we were very grateful.  It was a really fun day.

I'll have you know that Brooklyn and I had to leave and go pick up the pizza while the rest of the gang was swimming.  By the time we got back I got to see how much of a water boy Jonas had turned into.  He's always loved the water of course but was hesitant when it came to going under or jumping to us.  When I came back Daddy and Jonas were proud to show me his newly acquired skills.  The little guy was jumping non-stop off the side of the pool and to Daddy....barely in time for Daddy to get to him.  Luckily he had his floatie on so he would bob right back to the surface.  He was loving it.  He even went off the diving board to Daddy.  The little guy has turned into quite the fish!  So much so that he'll jump up (instead of out) and almost hits the side of the concrete pool each time.  I'm hoping he'll start to grasp the jumping "out" concept soon.  It'd really help my nerves if he did.  He jumps into the pool non-stop and within seconds of him getting out.  Now we really have to keep an eye on this little monkey.  




We are sooooo grateful for the addition that Jonas is to our family.  He's such a fun, funny, loving, crazy, curious, sweet, silly little boy.  If I were to pick and choose the perfect little boy for me - it would be him exactly.  He's alllll boy and a lot like his Daddy was when he was little (curious!) and we are grateful.  I'm especially grateful that no matter how much he wants to be rough and tough and wrestle and be silly that he still needs his Mommy cuddles.  I could lay next to and cuddle this guy for quite a long time.  The fact that he holds still shows me he loves it - because the boy rarely holds still.  Even if I stop giving him rubs/cuddles he'll pick up my hand and put it on his arm or leg again for me to do it some more.  Adorable I tell you.

We love this little guy and can't seem to get enough of him.  He keeps us on our toes but we wouldn't trade it for anything.

Happy Birthday Jonas!!


0 comments: