Friday, November 1, 2013

4 Months Old

Enjoying a stroll through the neighborhood with Mommy.  Who would have thought a hat would have made an already cute baby so much cuter?
Wowza.  I'm falling behind with my posts....especially my updates of sweet little Brooklyn.  I swear this kiddo is growing TONS faster than the other two!  ;)

Our little Brooklyn is 4 months old and is such a joy.  Seriously, she is folks...I don't say that in jest.  95% of the time she is such a mellow, accommodating, patient, happy, jabbery little girly.  There are the few times she isn't but those are so few and far between that it almost sends me in shock when they happen.  And of course since she spoils me with her good behavior almost everyday I have a hard time adjusting when she decides to try being fussy.  Darn that little stinker for acting like a 4 month old sometimes!  ;)

For this milestone we actually had a doctor's appointment for her.  Not sure why it was her 4 month instead of her 3 month but we'll roll with it.  Turns out she is a happy, healthy, bouncing baby girl.  Who needs to pay a doctor to tell you that?  Just look at this face!

Here are her stats...

Weight: 14.3 lbs which is in the 75%
Length: 25 1/4 inches which puts her in the 75-90% for length
Head:  For some reason, they don't do these after they aren't newborns anymore.  Maybe that's just our doctor?  Anywho, she's a Hufford and she was blessed with a head and then some.  But still not near what her older brother Jonas was blessed with.

Needless to say, I was quite thrilled to see these stats this time around.  Mostly, because we are STILL nursing folks!  I've never gone this long before without any problems!  Well, Addison was almost 4 months but this time around we are 4 months and going strong!  No mastitis, no clogged ducts, she latches, she eats, she eats QUICKLY.  I'm telling you...the third time is the charm I guess.  It's amazing to realize that I can sustain my child's life with the milk that my body produces.  But enough about me, lets keep talking about our little chunker.....

She is getting to the age now where she likes some interaction.  Sometimes I forget that.  I usually just lay her down while I get something else done or just hold her and forget to actually "play" with her.  When I do remember she loves it.  Gets all smiley and giggly and eats it up.  It's a fun age I think.  I love seeing her little personality develop and seeing how similar or different she is from her siblings.  Speaking of which, she LOVES her siblings.  You'd think she would prefer Addison since 90% of the time Addison is the one hovering around her head and cooing away at her and making her smile - which she does love.  However, she loves Jonas just as much.  Although he's not fixated on her he does love to jabber at her and show her her toys and talk to her in his little Jonas-ese.  And when he does, she thinks he's hilarious too.  One of my favorite things about being a Mom is seeing sibling love between the kiddos.  I now realize why all Mom's hope their kiddos grow up to be great friends and truly love each other.  Not that they won't argue or fight from time to time but they are really the best friends they could ever have.  It totally goes along with my thoughts that every child needs a sibling (or two...or three ;).
So accommodating she is.  'Go ahead Mommy, feed the other two whining kids breakfast first.  I'll hang out here and smile and coo until it's my turn.'  Seriously, she is great.

We enjoy having Brooklyn in our family and we all dote on her and love cuddling with her and just melt when she smiles and laughs at us.  She's a great 3rd child really.  I thank my Heavenly Father for giving her to our family.  She's a perfect fit.

Happy 4 Months Old Brooklyn!

This is her hang out spot while Mommy exercises.  Who wouldn't want to look at that face while they are running on a treadmill?  That alone gets me through my workouts!

1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I just want to kiss those cheeks! You were blesses with an angel baby!