Friday, November 1, 2013

Girls Getaway Weekend

Almost every year, it has become a tradition for the girls to get together on my side of the family and have a "Girls Weekend."  It's always a fun time and so worth all the extra work it takes to find a sitter for the older kids since our festivities usually start on a Friday.  So far, we've had all of our celebrations in Branson mostly because of free lodging and mostly because of valuable outlet stores with great deals to be had.  I rarely go shopping for myself when I'm home with three kids.  It's just easier to not do it.  I don't have the energy to even look through three items of clothing and then lug all our gear and kids into a dressing room while they wait for me to see if something fits.  It's way too much work.  Which is why I look forward to these girl weekends.  No kids, just adults, shopping in silence, and eating out...HOT meals at that.  Ah, it's the little things really.

This year, Brooklyn got to join us since she is still nursing.  It's a good thing too because she's been my little buddy since she was born.  I would have had a hard time leaving her behind with the others. 

To start our weekend off, we dropped off Addison and Jonas with my friend April while Daddy was finishing up work.  Then we headed off to Branson.  Normally it's only a two hour drive (if that) but this time it took FOREVER.  Mostly because I followed about three recreational vehicles the whole way.  It's a windy drive and there is rarely ever any space to pass (nor worth risking life or limb to do it) so we sat there patiently (well maybe not patiently) and waited until they decided to turn off the road.  I kept calling/texting my sisters, Mom and sister-in-law and promising I was still coming...just a lot slower than I expected.  It was such a tease all the way there....I was so looking forward to this little break off from being a Mommy.

We finally landed in Branson.  Tanger Outlets to be specific and got to meet up with everyone and shop til we dropped.  We found lots of deals and exhausted ourselves out.  Then we were off to our first adult dinner (adult plus two babies in tow dinner that is).  Yum, Olive Garden.  It was delish.  Mostly because it was HOT.  Rarely do I get to enjoy my food the minute it comes out so it was nice to take advantage of it.

Next, we enjoyed a lazy Saturday morning and did some more shopping at Branson Landing near our condos.  The evening started out great but didn't end the greatest.  Mooma (aka Grandma Bell) never told anyone she was having sharp chest pains.  She just endured while bouncing my baby on her hip while I tried on every shoe size known to man.  Then she quietly excused herself to the bathroom just to call Cassie and tell her "I'm dying, come get me and take me to the hospital!"  Okay, maybe those weren't her words per se but obviously since she never goes to the hospital it was kinda  a big deal for her.  Cassie took her to the ER while Michelle and Natalie and I (and babies) felt guilty about enjoying a nice dinner at a Mexican restaurant.  We kept the texting up with any updates and she was resting comfortably so we ate our meal.  We were also car-less so Cassie was so kind to come back for us so we could take her back to the hospital and we could drive the over-tired cranky babies back to the condo to sleep.  Luckily, Mooma came back later that night and was feeling much better.  Apparently, the best they could diagnose was that she was having esophageal spasms and weren't any reason for concern and would go away on their own.  However, having never had a heart attack before and not knowing the symptoms, it was good she decided to get it checked out.  It could have been much worse and we are very glad it wasn't.  After all, she would have missed the rest of a great girls weekend!  ;)  We love our Mooma and we are glad she's still healthy.  It probably didn't help that she spent the weekend toting both grand babies everywhere we went.  Whoopsie! 

All in all, it was a great weekend.  It's always fun to get together and giggle with the ladies and lay around on the couch and talk and talk and talk about anything/everything and then spend your extra time shopping and updating your fashion.  Which for this Mom of three kids age 4 and younger...my wardrobe definitely appreciated my girls weekend.  Already looking forward to next year!

(Yes, sadly I realized I didn't get a single picture of our weekend.  Apparently it was THAT much fun....just take my word for it.)

1 comments:

She Loves The Color Pink said...

I want to start this tradition with my mom and sisters!!!! So fun.