Saturday, March 1, 2014

8 Months Old

This little girly....

In all her 8 month old glory.
Is SUCH a good baby.  Have I said this before?  If so, she still is.  Granted she is human and she has her moments...they are just few and far between.  There was a 2 week spell recently wherein she did NOT want Mommy to leave the room.  Which resulted in a wail of a wail each time I did.  That was a bit rough.  I'm just happy it only lasted two weeks.  Which I'm thinking was also around the time she was getting teeth maybe?  

She's truly such a joy to have in our family.  We all dote on her and love her and can never get enough of her giggles which actually sound like cackles.  It gives us the giggles just hearing her giggle.  Addison is still the one that can get her going like no one else.  Those sisters are the best of friends.  

Taking after her brother.  If Mommy is going to take her sweet time coming to get me out of the crib then I'll make a mess while I wait.  She looks quite proud doesn't she?  
Hanging out with a sick Mommy in the bedroom while we got new flooring laid in the living room.   
Shooting the breeze outside in the beautiful weather.  Just like her siblings, she is also a fan of the outdoors.
Acting goofy while waiting for some dinner at Firehouse Subs.
We didn't have a doctor's appointment this go-round so no new stats to report on.  Lets just say she's a chunker and getting more so by the minute.  Just the way we like to grow them in the Hufford house!  She's very agreeable whenever we feel the need to squeeze her chunky ham hocks or cheeks, or belly, or toes.  I'm guessing since she's dealt with our squeezes since birth that it's nothing new to her.  I'm always trying to sneak in a good squeeze while simultaneously trying to resist the urge to squeeze until my fingers touch.  It's hard folks.

She's doing much better at sitting up.  I'd venture to say she's a professional at it now.  Very rarely does she fade left or go down for the count.  I can already tell she is loving the independence of it.  She was also gifted a bouncer by her cousin Lydia.  She wasn't in love with it at first but has since mastered it.  I'm not kidding folks, she full on jumps and catches air on that thing non-stop.  It's hilarious to watch.  

She still isn't a fan of baby food.  I do my best to try it again here and there and she'll eat about 50% of it 50% of the time.  Those aren't good enough odds for me to keep trying to push through the wall.  So, we continue to embrace the bottle.  She's obviously not wasting away so I'm not too worried about it.  She has mastered the art of eating off the spoon and swallowing it....she's just not digging it.

I'd like to think she's starting to (or continuing to?) resemble her Mama?  I don't have much DNA in my first two children (Daddy twins) so I'm holding out hope that Brooklyn can be the one to break the mold.  I have heard it from other people on a handful of occasions so I'm accepting that as valid proof.  She's cute.  I'm cute.  We're OBVIOUSLY twins!

She's a great little baby girl that loves her family and is almost always so pleasant to be around.  She's so flexible around whatever schedule we have for the day (third child syndrome) and I'm grateful.  Heck, I spend most days just gazing at her and wondering how did I get so lucky?

Happy 8 Months Old Booken!!

0 comments: