Monday, March 31, 2014

A Day In The Life

Lately, we've been trying our hardest to enjoy this beautiful weather.  We barely survived the LONGEST WINTER IN THE HISTORY OF EVER and are hoping the sun stops being such a tease. Just when we think we can throw on our sandals and play outside, the weather shows us otherwise.  Here's a bit of what we've been up to in the process...

Hanging out with this cutie-patootie and shooting the breeze.  She's not much of a talker but she's still pretty fun to hang with.

Watching the older two siblings enjoy our swing set.  It's so nice to have a swing set to entertain them (and me) as I watch them play on it.  Plus, it's so nice to watch them get along so well.  They may argue every once in awhile but they really are such good friends.  I'm grateful.
And a random shot of all four of us.  I kinda made the picture on this one!  Such is the life of being the constant photographer.  Maybe I should teach Addison how to snap a few pictures so I can get in on these memories?  ;)
One night after cleaning out the garage, Daddy came up with a fun way to play.  He laid down some tape strips and fashioned a little race car track.  The kids loved it and I loved the added entertainment.  It's a great way to play when it gets dark and cold! 
This boy keeps me busy.  Apparently he wanted to go back for seconds after we ate a yummy dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Fields.  He is Curious George Jr. (his father's namesake).
This is Addison all dressed up for St. Patrick's Day.  The night before she went to bed saying "Mommy, I wonder what the little leprechauns are going to make me for breakfast in the morning?"  I was like, um...a granola bar?  How does she know about Leprechauns and their mischievous ways?  We've never celebrated them yet.  I just assumed I was doing good putting her in a green shirt for school?
A moment of sisterly love.  These two adore each other.  I especially love that this was a total candid photo.  Addison is usually quite the "poser" for the camera but this is totally all her, all natural.  Love it! 
This little nugget perches himself on the back of this chair quite often.  I used to make him get down but quickly got tired of saying it so now I just let him go for it.  I'm dreading the day he takes a spill backwards.  He's a funny guy.
Alas, we FINALLY got to paint this little girly's toes.  It was long overdue but I guess that is par for the course when you are the third child.  Now that I know they look so cute we will be doing it lots more in the future.

Jonas experienced an injury while we were playing at Jump Zone.  Sadly, I didn't see it happen.  I just saw him come to me and cry and get clingy for a good while.  He's not usually like that and then I finally saw his poor bruised and battered finger.  Poor Guy!  It was pretty ugly and when it never got better after a good 24 hours we headed into the doctor to check it out. 
Waiting at the hospital for an x-ray on Jonas' little finger.  It was pretty interesting juggling three kids through the waiting process.  He was a pretty good patient though.  He loved being the center of attention and laying still while the big machine took his picture.  He even said afterward "Wow, dath awthome."  It was hilarious to hear him say it since he's usually a pretty mellow guy.  I think he also enjoyed having his big sister watching him for once.  Luckily, the x-ray proved it was just a bad sprain and not a break.  Yay!  

0 comments: