Thursday, May 1, 2014

10 Months Old


This little girly is officially 10 months old!  Where has the time gone?  She's almost reached her first birthday!  She is SUCH a fun girly and it's so very hard to remember life before she came along.  I'm guessing it wasn't near as fun as it is now.  So what milestones has she been accomplishing?

Well, she's officially a jabberer now.  As in actually says "Mamamamama" and "Dadadadada" but I will disclose that she said "Dadadadada" first.  However, I think she has yet to realize what they mean.  It's mostly the "I like to hear myself talk" phase of life.  Still just as cute though so I'll take it!

She's attempting to enter the world of mobility.  She long mastered sitting up but is now entertaining the idea of crawling.  Apparently, the "idea" doesn't last long as she's still learning how to coordinate her hands and feet to get more than just a few inches.  She's always willing to give it a shot, crawl an inch or two and then flop and just reach with all her might for whatever she wants.  


She still only has her two little teefers on the bottom but I'm guessing more are coming soon.  In the meantime, we are enjoying some good nights of sleep.  She sleeps and eats like a champ.  She's sleeping about 12 hours without a peep (or very few peeps) and really only needs her blanket next to her face so she can turn into it and zonk out.  She's napping well as well.  She's still trying to figure out if she wants her three naps a day or is wanting to whittle it down to two.  It usually means our afternoons are pretty sleep deprived but somehow we all survive it just fine.  And eating!  Wahoo!  She is actually INTERESTED in eating solids.  I've attempted it here and there and she just wasn't having it.  However, this was the magical month where she willingly ate AND kept it down instead of spitting it back at me.  She has her favorites of course (anything fruity) and her least favorites (mixed vegetables) but I can't say that I blame her.  I'd be the same way I'm sure.  She's also a pro and picking up the cereal puffs and yogurt melts and eating them herself.  It helps Mommy out big time so I can cook dinner while she snacks in her high chair.  


She loves her siblings a ton.  I can't seem to figure out which one she favors as she has a special relationship with each of them.  It's so fun to see them together.  Addison is a great helper and will keep her happy for me if I need to get something done.  She can make her laugh like no other and the love between them is almost tangible when you see it.  However, Jonas has had lots of opportunity to play with her (especially when Addison is at school) and he is SUCH a loving brother.  He'll talk baby-talk to her (which sounds pretty close to his real talk) and he is happy to gather toys for her or give her lots of hugs and kisses.  She's quick to return the favor and either crawl on him or swat at his face.  He's such a softy that it doesn't take long before she has him in tears.  I don't blame the boy, her fingernails can feel like razors.  


She's a Mama's girl which is mostly a good thing.  For a good week or two she would cry and panic any time I left the room.  She stalked me at all times to make sure I was close by.  It got a little frustrating but luckily it didn't last long.  I guess I should be glad she loves me so much!  Most days she's a good buddy and I love just hanging out with her and realizing how lucky I am to be her Mommy!


She definitely loves her Daddy too though.  She's getting to the phase where she needs her "daddy-time" at the end of the day just like her siblings do.  They usually fight over him when he gets home from work but eventually she gets her turn and she just eats it up.  She thinks he's pretty funny and she's always cheesing when he plays with her.  She loves to give him cuddles to by just laying her head on him.  It's fun to see their relationship develop like the other two have.


Overall, we can't say anything bad about this cute girly.  She's such a blessing.  We can't look at her without talking about how cute she is or how much of a good baby she is.  We are lucky that she chose our family to join.  Happy 10 Months Old Brooklyn!
  

0 comments: