Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I'm not gonna lie....I'm a spoiled lady.  Most days of the year I have it pretty lucky.  Daddy makes sure I'm appreciated for all of my hard work and is always saying kind things about me and my hard work to the kiddos.  I'm grateful that he's grateful and he teaches them to be grateful.  But, I'm also grateful for when Mother's Day rolls around because I know I'll get the whole day to lay around and be lazy and not be a Mom....at least the "hard work" part of the job!  :)  

It was a great day....heck a great week!  Since Addison is in preschool, her teachers are very good with sending home little treasures for us that they make to show their love and appreciation.  I just love Mother's Day.  Here's why!


I secretly LOVE when Addison brings these forms home.  I love to hear how she thinks of me.  This year was pretty spot on.  Seems like both she and I have improved from last year.  I no longer "take showers" in my spare time and I think I've gained 6 pounds since last year.  I'll take it!  She makes me look better than I am.  I'm especially glad she remembers the times I say "I love you" instead of the times I say ..... other things. ;)
Daddy & Jonas & Addison surprised me with a yummy breakfast in bed.  Here is Jonas bringing me "seconds" which he has so kindly licked the icing off of the cinnamon roll.  I guess he got a little hungry carrying it ALL the way from the kitchen.  I let him finish this one off.  He's so sweet.
After breakfast and a nice relaxing morning, we were off to Church.  The best part of church was when Addison was SO brave and walked up to the front and sang the most beautiful Mother's Day songs with the rest of the Primary.  Most of the time before now she has been pretty shy.  But, she not only walked up there like she owned the place...she knew ALL the words!  She always amazes me with her great memory.  It was a wonderful Mother's Day treat to watch her sing such pretty songs to me.  What a lovely gift.

After church Daddy ordered me to take a nap....I was happy to oblige.  While I napped he cooked/prepped dinner.  It was nice falling asleep to the smells of bacon in the air.  

When I woke up this is what awaited me!

His meals are always as pretty as they are delicious.  He tried some sautéed onions with this steak and it was easily my favorite part.  He worked really hard to pull this meal off and I'm grateful for him.  He did a great job helping the kids celebrate Mother's Day.  I got lovely handmade cards with hand prints and some pretty flowers and pretty trinkets.

Being a Mother is easily one of the HARDEST jobs I've ever had.  However, I spend a lot of time being grateful for the job.  I love my coworkers, I love my co-boss, and I'm forever grateful that I have the opportunity to spend my days with my kids instead of having to work in the workforce.  There are more good days than bad and I love what I do.  I'm finally living my dream job.  

I also want to send a shout-out to these mother's.  They are hands-down the best Mothers anyone could ask for.  John and I have both been blessed by Mother's that sacrificed so much and worked so hard....both doing it all by themselves at times.  It doesn't hurt that they make pretty great Grandma's too.  We all just adore these beautiful ladies.  We are blessed!


0 comments: