Sunday, June 22, 2008

Going under the Knife

So this Tuesday I'm heading into the O.R. and going under the knife. Hopefully "the knife" is not in any way similar to the graphic I posted above. No worries, it isn't exactly what you are thinking. I'm not enhancing the chest, shrinking the nose, sucking out the belly fat, or getting a hair transplant. Granted I wouldn't mind sucking out a few pounds of belly fat.


I'm getting a deviated septum....well undeviated. So, for those who have a moment to think of my sickly self on Tuesday, much appreciation to you. I haven't set foot in an O.R. since I was 5 when I had tubes put in my ears. I only remember two things from that surgery. 1. After coming out of the anesthesia I puked all over the doctors and nurses. and 2. I got to pick out my favorite doll at the store afterwards since I was such a big girl.

So this time around, yes I do have fears of puking (at 30 years old) all over my doctors when I wake up from the anesthesia and 2. John has promised me a toy of my choosing if I'm a good girl again. Well technically he offered to bring me Dr. Pepper's at my request during my recovery - which is much better than a toy anyday.

So, if I leave the blogging world for awhile now you'll know why. Or, if I get bored out of my mind while recovering I may just post 20 x's to the blog to kill time.

4 comments:

Josie said...

Good luck with it--be sure to post lots of ugly immediate post-op pictures.

Sheri said...

Hope your surgery goes well! I'm off to google whatever the heck a "septum" is....

Mary Anderson said...

going under the knife definitely deserves at least 5 Dr. Peppers
Hope it goes well!! Eeeh! We'll be thinking of you

Tamara said...

sooooooooo, you're back to drinkin the Peppers again, I see....

sucka!!!