Monday, June 2, 2008

Sweet Summer

Technically I'm not sure if "summer" has actually began according to the calendar year. However, in my mind it has. A barbecue and pool party is always a great way to start a summer off right. Now I remember why this is my favorite season!

Yesterday we spent some enjoyable time at a family barbecue at Sarah and Tom's house after church. Some family friends were visiting and we decided it was a good enough reason to gather together and have a party. All in all it was a great and relaxing way to spend the day. And it reminds me again that I have been blessed with wonderful in-laws. We enjoyed each other's company, ate huge hamburgers, and sat in the midst of chaotic kids. I love family parties that are laid back and chaotic like that. It reminds me so much of my childhood spent at my Grandma & Grandpa Bell's house. A million conversations going on around you and kids running and laughing through it all. Below are some pictures of the chaos.

Then, this afternoon, Dana and Brady & Sarah, Bradley, and Bryce and I headed to our neighborhood pool. It wasn't the most ideal weather but we definitely enjoyed ourselves even if it included freezing in the water. After catching Bradley at the bottom of the kid slide many times, he decided it would be a good idea to go down together. I wasn't so sure about that but I agreed anyway. Once we slid down together he had quickly changed his mind after he inhaled some water. I had visions of me getting lodged in that thing. He then told me to stay at the bottom to catch him while he went down the slide by himself. I was more than happy to oblige. Didn't take long for me to prove my point.


My mother-in-law Jean and Natalie (the one we threw the party for).

Sarah and I wrestling with her adorable kids Karah and Bradley.

Our close friends (and neighbors) Brad, Dana, and Brady.

Brady going postal...hahaha. He's an adorable kid.

John and Bryce (Sarah's youngest). He has such huge adorable eyes.

2 comments:

Mary Anderson said...

Gotta love the crazy family gatherings. They are my ultimate favorite!

Josie said...

HAha the picture of John and Bryce is priceless. Wish I were closer out there so I could join in on some of the family gatherings!