Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cloud 9

For those who are curious as to what exactly "Cloud 9" looks like here you have it:

Well this is MY version of Cloud 9. I found out this evening that I have sold my very first house!!! :D This little beaut is a godsend. (Refer to the previous post of "high maintenance" buyers.) This past Monday was spent running around looking at this house, doing research, writing up offer, revising offer, looking at house again, explaining contract, getting signatures, and faxing offer. Of course the timing of it all was impeccable. Luckily I have a wonderful broker that took over for me while I am under the weather. I just heard the update today that the sellers countered OUR offer (instead of the competing offer) and my clients accepted :D So, not too shabby on commission, but a heckuva learning experience.

Now I must prepare for the valley of the shadow of death....dun dun dun.....the Closing. I've never been to one in my life - let alone as an actual agent. These things intimidate the heck out of me but I have until July to prepare. I'm just hoping they don't give me 20 lashings or string me up by my thumbs. I WILL walk away from it in one piece.....I will walking away from it in one piece.....rinse and repeat.

In the meantime, we enter the world of financing, home inspections, and home insurance. I'm now find myself humming the words of the song: "I will survive!!" Can't remember who sings that one at the moment. Regardless, Cloud 9 is a wondefuh place to be thank ya vera much.

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Congrats, Sah-nay-nay...I hope they don't leave ya for dead at the closing!

ha ha ha

Dana said...

You are doing an excellant job! Don't doubt yourself, i like all the stuff you've done for us so far if it makes you feel any better......